[3:03:45 PM] Kole Rate: I dun like bodies
[3:03:51 PM] Banana: y
[3:03:55 PM] Kole Rate: Its a lot of clutter
[3:04:04 PM] Kole Rate: I find it hard to see

Thoughts?

Kole

My name has been exposed :o

Rotem

I could either remove it entirely or decrease the time before those corpses fade away

Apeiro

It adds a small layer of challenge when trying to spot if anything hostile is moving around you, but also makes some drops very hard to see.
I'm in favor of decreased time and also, if possible, to make some corpses not twitch around (like rats).

Also, maybe have a bright thin outline around drops, because blood keys are almost impossible to see on acromantula bodies.

Kole

It doesnt really make it hard to see which ones are alive or dead it just makes drops hard to see aswell as making the area look cluttered for no benefit

Kole

Another thing is games usually add corpses if they have a looting system such as you have to interact with the body to seach it or to gain a resource from it TWC has no such system the item drops on the floor and thats it

Rotem

game is open source and I won't waste time making icon tweaks, the key icons were always hard to see, the corpses got nothing to do with it. I've never had any luck seeing keys that dropped from wisps, I always spammed take macro after killing a wisp.

Those changes are all doable by people and will be too time consuming for me to go over, please provide a list of which monsters like rats have stand-still movement while others use the open source feature to fix it.

As for corpse looting, TWC is not a MMO, it's a 2D game, in 2D games the item usually drops, see Secrets of Grindea for example. However in secrets of grindea, the corpse disappears as soon as the death animation ends and doesn't linger. Looting corpses is redundant as fuck in a game like TWC.

An alternative solution for drops is to add particles similar to how demonic essence drops.

Kole

That was my point Rotem with why the corpses arent needed

Justin

Them outlines. First three keys. Not sure how I feel about doing this for every single item that drops. Might just edit essence icon.

Sara

I have no issues with the corpses. In fact, items that drop aren't that hard to find if you actually focus, and not rush.

Apeiro

The only item i find very hard to see is the blood key on acromantula. I've never had an issue spotting keys anywhere else, on a corpse or otherwise. As far as iconing goes, having an effect like the one when demonic essence drops would probably be best and less time consuming.

As for the mobs that still twitch after death, from the top of my head i can think of rats and snakes, but i'll go around the place and check each one when i have the time. I think fire bats are still animated, too.

Rotem

The corpses might serve dissection purpose for potions though! It isn't clutter, it's your way to slay everything and sit in a pile of corpses, proof of your own cruelty.

It was a graphical concept I introduced last update and I have no problem reverting it, it's just a test you see, the question is whether I'm keeping it for a short period or removing it entirely. I've always hated how monsters just disappear as you kill them.

For next update we'll figure out a way to make drops stand out a little more, despite you saying blood keys are the only problem I've always had that problem with wizard keys, any other drop is fine, the keys are just small as fuck. Besides, a graphical effect for drops just makes it more exciting.

We'll reduce drastically the amount of time corpses remain as well.

Ben

Perhaps add a glow around all drops? It's done all the time in games.

Rotem