TWC - 2015

Started by Azrael, December 08, 2014, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

Quote from: Spitfire on December 11, 2014, 04:45:28 PM
I'm not much one for the past stat points being unlimited and uncapped leveling but, what if we had pets, and we could train them, duel with them against other pets and what not, and let them be unlimited to stat points, leveling, what not, lol. Maybe give them a set amount of lives before they get reset or something, ok maybe that's too pokemonish for TWC lol. I'm just thinking if we had like a pet elemental or dragon and trained them and went to a area where players could vs other playerrs pets with their pet and put money or items towards it for winning.

That wouldn't help at all. There would probably be a cap. Like I said previously in my post on this very topic, we need to think of an idea that is everlasting. In which case, players would be the ones to determine their own paths. The example I gave in that post was potions. Potions is good as no one will have a clear idea as to what to do. They'll have to experiment in order to get the correct combinations in order to make something useful. The possibilities then are limitless and will give a future for TWC for a very long time.

Pets are a good addition, but would only be interesting for about 2 months max when everyone has level 600 pets or whatever. The only way I could see this being interesting is if it had the functionality with breeding. Think of Wizard 101 for this example. It has a breeding system that could give your pet better traits if 2 pets were combined with really good traits. It's logical, but it also has a degree of chance. This is what makes a game continue on itself.

This is what TWC needs for endgame.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

Quote from: Rotem on December 11, 2014, 04:47:50 PM
this is my wish for 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXTgqJtoGM

Yeah! Add daycare too pls!

Oh by the way, the reason I don't pursue pets is that because I fail to see how pet combat can be any fun, I just don't see a proper combat for this.

I could definitely have you breeding cows and what not but it needs a purpose and I fail to see one without combat.

Spitfire

It's more of an idea to tie into the pet idea as just a package, for the trade up contract thing, to make it get used, but anyway the whole pet thing, to acknowledge the whole level 600 thing, like I said somewhere, it'd have life limits, and then get reset back after so and so life deaths, though I doubt people would like that, finding alternative ways to keep said system as a thing through a pet might help some of those so called people who want the stat system and all that unlimited leveling be a thing, though theres so many holes in this, that it's an idea that needs help. lol

Now combat, I was thinking along the lines of just controlling your pet and using him to do whatever your pet could do, I don't know what'd it be, suggestions?! Pixie should use hyper beam, kthxbai,

Both ain't new but will do!

Skystone

Quote from: Rotem on December 11, 2014, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: Rotem on December 11, 2014, 04:47:50 PM
this is my wish for 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXTgqJtoGM

Yeah! Add daycare too pls!

Oh by the way, the reason I don't pursue pets is that because I fail to see how pet combat can be any fun, I just don't see a proper combat for this.

I could definitely have you breeding cows and what not but it needs a purpose and I fail to see one without combat.

??? Rotem are you quoting yourself? xD
That's kind of weird.

Anyways what about potions? What do you think about potions? o.o

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Azrael

Potions is something that can be added, there are about 10 suggestions on the forums about potions and I don't think anyone has come up with a system that could be implemented due to being too complex or to simple. I think for it to work it would need all new herbs, plants and materials that can be bought and found/dropped as well as exact instructions to make said potion. Do you need to cut up ingredient? Grind it? squeeze juices from it, or just throw it in the cauldron. What heat do you need it, which way do you stir it, after how long til you switch directions that you stir or lower the hear or add an ingredient. A lot of work for one potion but it is defiantly a feature I would love. Potions to use in battle to increase my spell dmg or make me faster, or joke potions. Its something in the harry potter world and I would like to see everything in the game. However I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Murrawhip

I didn't read most of these replies but I did read Severus's.

I think you need to talk to Lucifer about nostalgia. The game isn't worse - you're growing up.

P.S. I read a bit more. Two things:

Quote from: Severus
What I said was that stat points were a continuous form of player motivation, it made you the strongest, it was unique to the player.
It was also a continuous form of player de-motivation to anyone who felt they'd never be able to catch up to the people that'd started playing years prior. This outweighed the pro. I remain very glad that we removed that ridiculous linear growth which forever increased the barrier to entry for a new player.

Second thing: Seriously, quit being a jerk in 70% of the shit you're saying here. Your very first post was demeaning as fuck. It's possible to critique something without insulting everything we've worked on here.

Third thing because I can't count: Where's your name in the dev log?

Severus

I didn't mean to offend and offer my apologies if I did. I just laid out a bunch of things which havs been boiling up for a while. I don't feel like I play the same game as I used to and I know I'm not the only one. I'm glad some of the shock value in my post have people reading and have people approaching me on Skype.

As I have said profusely, returning stat points is not the answer but an alternative is. Give people long term reasons to stay.

We all know I'm not a developer, for you, that's a ridiculous question. What's developing without having the people who hardcore play critique? Are you not completely undermining the entire Suggestions Board coming at me with that? Particularly during decline. If I was a developer I would bathe in ideas that had people playing my game.

Besides, I was told not to care so much so thus I am resting my case and withdrawing my efforts to assist.

DuhCosmicApple

Do you have icons for NPC teachers
NOT JIMBLES

Zachie

Quote from: Severus on December 12, 2014, 02:27:29 AM
I didn't mean to offend and offer my apologies if I did.
So you said this.. saying you didn't want to offend him and then apologised
Quote from: Severus on December 12, 2014, 02:27:29 AM
We all know I'm not a developer, for you, that's a ridiculous question. What's developing without having the people who hardcore play critique? Are you not completely undermining the entire Suggestions Board coming at me with that? Particularly during decline. If I was a developer I would bathe in ideas that had people playing my game.
And then you say this. Seems a lot like you're trying to either A) say you're better then us or B) offend us

Current: Deputy Headmaster
EX: Head TWC Radio DJ
Ex: GM/Admin Hybrid
Ex: Professor(GCOM, COMC, Off-Peak)
Ex: Head Auror

Vanchi

You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Severus

Chase, again, are you serious? I was under the impression you had a better understanding of social interaction than that.

I didn't mean to cause offense, I'm not sorry for what I said, I'm sorry if you took offense. I meant to make you read my opinions and points I wanted to draw which were not only views of my own.

Responding to Murrawhip's sneaky "where's your name on the dev log?" comment is not offensive when all I did was analyse the statement and in relation to my posts.

Politicians do not sit around taking offense when someone disagrees with them and offers a harsh opinion why. You're being over sensitive and, again, making no sense.

Murrawhip

It's not sneaky. Other people who aren't developers have contributed.
We're not politicians. Politicians owe it to you to come up with the best solutions. We are volunteers and as such deserve a base level of respect.

I open sourced TWC to get rid of this over-critical bullshit. If you're so against the very fabric of what this game is, hire some developers and fork the damn repo.

Rotem

Quote from: Vanchi on December 12, 2014, 08:10:31 AM
thats my wish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFzRWiLPurE

Lucifer, if you so happen to read it, you have fans waiting on this year's video.

DuhCosmicApple

If they were just interactive professors, again I would love to see them walk around spouting dialogue

Also i realized this is Azrael's suggestion post so please go somewhere else
NOT JIMBLES

Massive

I like the idea of Potion making system and it would be nice to gather the ingredients for the potion's and could be useful in combat, Also it would give us something new to do in the game and make it more interesting, It doesn't have to be something too complex but sometimes simple things are more efficient but this is just my opinion others may think differently.

But I also like what Azael said about the potion's system and maybe for the plant and herbs needed to make the potion you can put them and the map and you have to pick them and they only re-spawn every couple of minutes or so like this there is competition to pick the herb/plants making it more fun, Also Killing Monster could drop ingredients for the potion.

Just another thing I would like to add maybe the more rare herbs to make better potions can be used in the auto event system for example
when this event starts it could spawn rare herbs or plants on the map in random place's for 30-40mins or so and you got to find them once the event is over then the rare herb and plants disappear, These Rare Herbs and Plants can be used to make like a super damage potion which is better than a normal one for example and the potions would need a cool-down so they don't get abused and your damage will go back to normal after x amount of minutes