Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Quote from: Skystone on September 02, 2012, 12:48:45 PM
Is this topic dead?  :'(

This topic will live as long as the players allow it to.

If you'd like to start more discussion here, go right ahead and lay out some ideas. We will all respond to you so long you put time and effort into it.

Skystone

Okay so for Polyjuice, like I said before it can be used for impersonations or just for pranks.

1) Impersonation Version of Polyjuice

Okay well first if this is going to be used seriously as a part of clan battles (or impersonations) for infomation on other clans or whatever:
a) Overpowerfullness (not a word) is a problem that some of you guys think is going to happen. To avoid this I was thinking that the victim will be alerted as soon as the change begins. Plucked hair probably means someone has a potion and is going to turn into you. You could make it more obvious and say "User has changed into your form" ONLY TO THE VICTIM otherwise people will be on the lookout for this guy and it wouldn't be any threat to the clan. Now if the victim is smart he/she will alert his/her clan as soon as possible to be on the lookout.

b) Equipementwise: Okay first off the user doesn't have any equipment of the target (that means clan robes, house robes, wands, wigs, bling, etc.) basically the user has what he/she has. So if one is to impersonate another they would pretty much have to be the same house and get the same equipment to blend in. This also means that the user can't go into other clans without the assistance of a clan member (they have to fool the clan member fast enough), now keep in mind that the clan member could ask a password to get into the clan entrance or may just ask for the user to put clothes on or ask user to go first. Either way the user needs to trick the clanmember using only their spells, equipment that they brought along, the new nametag, and the new say (no OOC, no whisper, no PM's).

Basically it's really tough to impersonate someone and get into another clan's HQ.

c) If you guys think this is at all underpowered (I do) then just let the user have the same house robes, if you think that's underpowered too (I don't think it is if they have house robes) then let the user have same clan robes but can't get in.

d) Let me hear what you guys think about this I'm really interested on how this could work well also make sure Polyjuice isn't cheap like at least 50k and adjust time limit to how long they can be that way, 10mins?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Prank Version of Polyjuice

a) Keep nametag put a [P] for polyjuice everytime they say something

b) Seems really simple to me

c) Let me hear what you guys think about this too but I would really rather have the one at the top.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Skystone

......I think it's dead -pokes- (no feedback)

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Quote from: Skystone on September 02, 2012, 10:21:56 PM
You could make it more obvious and say "User has changed into your form" ONLY TO THE VICTIM

I think it's too much. People can go AFK, pluck your hair for 20 ish potions, and you'd never know. There needs to be a VISIBLE way for you to know that they're using a Poly juice potion. Full blown impersonation has more cons than pros. Fights, etc, etc.

ONE person could destroy a clan, friendship, etc by being able to just change and it show nothing saying it's a poly juiced person.

There needs to be a visible way for someone to SEE that said person is using the potion. Also, players should NOT be able to drink a potion of themselves giving them the visible effect. That way it's fool proof. If someone is in anothers form, it's noticeable. That and someone can't change into themselves to create more confusion.

Skystone

Make it so the user's robes don't turn into the target's robes that way they're stuck with a useless nametag and say. Everyone will be able to point out that "that person" took the potion since they don't remember "that person" being in Slytherin when he's/she's actually in Hufflepuff.

Also if you do take a hair of yourself it won't make a difference, you'll only be limited to say for a certain time since you'll still have the same robe and equipment.

Tell me if it needs to be more noticeable then that, because this is giving me good feedback for me to think on.

As for the AFK people, how about you can only "pluck" hairs outside of safezones.

Another idea I have is that maybe you could cast Other to Human which would affect this potion, that way if there's ever any doubt the clan being spied on can know in an instant.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Quote from: Skystone on September 05, 2012, 06:53:36 PM
Make it so the user's robes don't turn into the target's robes that way they're stuck with a useless nametag and say. Everyone will be able to point out that "that person" took the potion since they don't remember "that person" being in Slytherin when he's/she's actually in Hufflepuff.

What if a Slytherin impersonates a Slytherin?

I think we need to make it slightly different so it's not OP.

Skystone

Polyjuice Potion is kinda what impersonation ties with :P. Okay so you say it's still OP, well that's pretty hard to make it less OP since I can't think of anything else except by making the price very high (like 500k at least for each potion) so noobs can't get it quick, and that way clans have to work to get these potions. I just can't think of anything else that will make it less powerful without defeating the purpose of the potion.

Now we could always do a "Prankster Polyjuice Potion" as a less powerful version of Polyjuice. First off it would cost less (like 100k or so). The effects will be even shorter than the Polyjuice Potion (like 5-10mins). It will also be easier to spot the person who takes it. Basically everything that makes Regular Polyjuice potion do stuff but with YOUR say, will put a [P] over the nametag and will shoutout on OOC "[Player] has taken the shape of [Player] for [amount] of minutes".

Just tell me what you think Lav so far because we either 1) need to think up of a way to make Official Polyjuice Potion weaker or 2) Set it to a very high price so people can't obtain it quickly.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Like I've been saying.

A) There needs to be a visible way to show someones transformed.
B) You can't tranform into yourself.

That would solve all the problems, I think.

Everyone would know you're transformed, and you can't trick people by transforming into yourself.

Even though they KNOW you're transformed into someone else, they won't know WHO you are. xP

Skystone

Okay visible as in Icon Visible, then just make the player look slightly paler (I don't know much about that)

If you mean letting other people know then you could have the OOC be like "[Player] has turned into [Player]".

I don't see the problem of letting people turn into themselves since OOC would still say what happened "[Player] has turned into [Player]"

Basically for me if I turned into myself it would say "Skystone has turned into Skystone".

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Because I could go hide, turn into Severus, then go fuck shit up with Sev's friend Joshy. See how this could be a problem? Lol.

So if there was a visible way to know someone was transformed, then there shouldn't be an issue knowing it's not actually Severus fucking with Joshy.

And since they can't turn into themselves, somebody can't turn into themselves, fuck shit up, then say it wasn't them. xP

Skystone

Okay now I see the problem. I've thought about it for a while, how about that you can only get hairs off of others.

Visbility - Slightly darker then the actual victim, not too dark where someone could easily tell. Like the spell Cugeo is slightly lighter (sometimes I can easily tell if someone has Cugeo).

What do you think?

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Skystone

Okay a summary of what we've talked about of the Advantage and Disadvantage of Polyjuice

Advantage:
1. Turns the user into the target (changes gender if different gender)
2. Changes name tag to that of the target
3. Good for infiltrating clans
4. You have the target's "say"
5. Lasts a good amount of time

Disadvantage:
1. The user does not have the equipment of the target (only has the equipment they have)
2. User has to get the hair of the target to put into the potion (user cannot get their own hair)
3. User is slightly darker when the potion is drank
4. OOC, Whisper, PM's will only show up as the user's name
5. Cannot pluck people with AFK over their head (or we could just make it so people could only pluck people's hairs outside of safezones only)
6. Plucked hair people will get a message like: [Player] has plucked [Player]'s head.
7. Costs 500k to buy it
8. Cannot go into other Clan HQ's without infiltration/sneaking/assistance/fooling people

More disadvantages if needed:
1. Casting Other to Human on the user will reveal their true form
2. Robes are not changed
3. OOC [Player] has turned into [Player]

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Nickcreed

Quote from: Severus on August 15, 2012, 08:35:27 AM
I advise that Murrawhip makes the decision about Polyjuice Potion - or another admin, to solve GM issues.

There are a variety of potions you could create, starting off with easy and obvious ones such as:
- Healing Potion
- MP Restore Potion
- Magic/Strength/Speed/Defense/HP/MP Stat Increase Potion
- Gender Change Potion (5 minute until reversed)

Then, break in to some more difficult potions:
- Undetectable invisibility potion (1 minute until reversed)
- Temporary Stat Increase Paracetamol (Could have a range, 25% increase tablets, 75% increase tablets, 150% increase tablets, all lasting for different periods of time)
- Knowledge Potion (Increases amount of exp gained from books when reading)
- Unlimited Vision (ability to see invisible people for certain time period)

The list goes on. I don't think the question is "What other potions could there be?", I think the question should be "What other potions could there be and how would they be created/used by players?" I did make a post about my idea for how they would be made/consumed however it was rejected. Does anybody else have any ideas?
Alrighty. Time to enter my thoughts into this. First by pointing out pointless/abusive/bad potion ideas

Healing/MP restore potions-Useless when we have episky and meditate
Stat increasing-Can be made, but the stats would either have to be pitiful and not worth it or the price would be very high and only the strong will get stronger
Gender Change potion-Again pointless when we have a spell that does the same thing (reddikulas)
Undetectable Invisibility-Not really worth it, ruins point of the magical eyes, and as long as they are rare being undetectable isnt really worth it
Temporal stat increasers-same as stat increasing, only temporal though
Knowledge-Leveling has been made easier over the years, and this will just make it easier, which i dont think should happen since it would require little work to get to a good level
Unlimited Vision-First off i wouldnt name this unlimited vision, just kinda gives the wrong impression. Secondly it ruins the point of magic eyes, since everyone can just take these every hour on the hour (or however long it will last)

Ill get to work on some potion ideas i have, ill just need some sleep then if i find time tomorrow ill add them

Skystone

Started a topic specifically for potions since that's kind of what we're getting into the idea here (less in Potions for Purchase and more into what kind of potions).

Topic: http://forum.wizardschronicles.com/index.php?topic=1617.0

Hopefully we'll be able to think of some ideas there...

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor