Potion class: Idea/Design thread

Started by Catherine, March 06, 2011, 04:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine

Basic Outline I thought of:

1. You can gain ingredients through cabinet (common ing) and through adventure! (more rare ing)

2. You can use the "pots" or cauldrons to "add" the ingredients, then "stir" the pot (or something like that) in order to create outcomes

2.5. Outcomes will result in "success!" or "failure :("

3. When success, players will be able to obtain (1) potion, which temporarily affect the drinker. (Kind of like Joke shop things... or maybe not :P Idk)

4. Classes will be held in order to teach basic 'Realistic potions', and people may explore different formulae in order to create unique potions

5. OWL test would be on effects of potions, general ingredients, and actual making of the potion.

*I can't think of what to add for details now cause I haven't thought of it much, but this would be a good thread to add on more details with many other players.
Proud Slytherine
Current 7th year
Current Noob
Former Newb
Wannabe Death Eater

damientai

Current Gyrffindor
Current Freelance Writer
Current 4th year

Catherine

I don't understand what you mean... there are cauldrons in potion classrooms?

and what about design ideas?
Proud Slytherine
Current 7th year
Current Noob
Former Newb
Wannabe Death Eater

Jason C

There was a potion class but no one went to it

Current Ravenclaw
Current Auror
Former D.E
Former Gryff

damientai

No I mean we can't buy that. I already icon but I didn't know how to post xD

Current Gyrffindor
Current Freelance Writer
Current 4th year

damientai

Quote from: Jason C on March 06, 2011, 04:22:12 AM
There was a potion class but no one went to it
that unoffical. We are talking offical

Current Gyrffindor
Current Freelance Writer
Current 4th year

Catherine

Damien before this thread gets too crowded, lets move the conversation to some kind of chatting environment, post up the result on this thread, then see if anyone else have good idea. I feel like we haven't actually talked about design yet.

I g2g to sleep so sit on this idea, and lets talk tomorrow or the day after. Tell me when you usually get on TWC in TWC time.
Proud Slytherine
Current 7th year
Current Noob
Former Newb
Wannabe Death Eater

Shade

What they mean I think is like

Not correct code but
mob
   verb
      stir(something goes here) // stirrs potion
         (something
         usr << "You stir your cauldren"
Somthing like that >> plus stuff like the npc herb seller menu which you choose what ing. you want to buy and how much of it or maybe equipment like vials, heater, or trays idk

Catherine

Thanks shade but we should stick to design in terms of [basic idea of what the Potion making should look like] instead of [coding ideas]... Thats my opinion. Without outline, how would we fill the inside. right? XD

great that you're helping out though!
Proud Slytherine
Current 7th year
Current Noob
Former Newb
Wannabe Death Eater

Shade

Well.. makeing up a idea like adding ing to a cauldren and stirring it it just to simple you need more in depth writing like the ammount, what temp of the pot so for that you need to show codes unless they have them of adding stuff together and making something of it, you cant just add icons, you have to have thge code to make it work

Justin

I told you design has nothing to do with code. You don't need code to show any of that. The code part comes from the coder after reading the design. As long as the coder is able to understand the design then they can code it.

Catherine

Yup yup. this thread's getting too crowded >:( And we still haven't came up with design yet. Damien wtf are you doing? Talk to me!
Proud Slytherine
Current 7th year
Current Noob
Former Newb
Wannabe Death Eater

Dazzler

Well, why dont u just make it so like, u have to kill monsters for ingridents and u can miz them, and it makes Joke shop items (E.G 1 Bassy kill And 3 Acromantular kills) (To Make Smoke Pellet)
Proud Slytherin!
Current Hogwarts Graduate Year!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Leader of TWC Wiki's Revival Team!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Robert

Quote from: Catherine on March 06, 2011, 04:18:20 AM
Basic Outline I thought of:

1. You can gain ingredients through cabinet (common ing) and through adventure! (more rare ing)

2. You can use the "pots" or cauldrons to "add" the ingredients, then "stir" the pot (or something like that) in order to create outcomes

2.5. Outcomes will result in "success!" or "failure :("

3. When success, players will be able to obtain (1) potion, which temporarily affect the drinker. (Kind of like Joke shop things... or maybe not :P Idk)

4. Classes will be held in order to teach basic 'Realistic potions', and people may explore different formulae in order to create unique potions

5. OWL test would be on effects of potions, general ingredients, and actual making of the potion.

*I can't think of what to add for details now cause I haven't thought of it much, but this would be a good thread to add on more details with many other players.
Great Idea!

Current Hufflepuff
Former Ravenclaw
Current Friend of Warren Peace and FoRas
Current Friend of Becky and Jade