A̶n̶i̶m̶a̶g̶u̶s̶ Animal Shifters!

Started by Zen, February 17, 2015, 08:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

I think that Anima- I mean, Animal shifters, should be re-added into the game.

I was thinking that anybody could become an animal shifter, for a cost. Not too high, but high enough that you would have to work hard to earn it. I'm thinking about 5 Mill.

Also, everyone should have to be a unique animal, we don't want 3 wolves. (Reserve that for Ash).

We would need somebody to icon in more animals, probably one every time somebody became an Animal shifter. (Maybe have an sale for them every year?)

While there isn't an upside to this, in terms of gameplay, I could argue that TWC has many purely aesthetic aspects already, this one would just require more work.

And lets be honest, I want to be a fckin Tiger/Turtle.

Skystone

I feel that if this is going to happen, there will be a sale for them only on a weekend once a year and for 10mil gold rather than 5mil like magical eyes just so they don't get sold too quickly. Animal Shifters should be rare because they're unique.

I also think that a player can only have one animal they can uniquely shift into, they can't have multiple animals they can shift into.

Perhaps add it as a tradable item too? In case the player doesn't like their unique animal.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Zen

Yeah, I agree with what Sky said, that you can  only have one, and it should only be on a weekend once a year, like magic eyes. I do think that the people who pay for them (5-10mill) should be able to request the animal though.

Skystone

Quote from: Zen on February 17, 2015, 08:21:46 AMI do think that the people who pay for them (5-10mill) should be able to request the animal though.

Of course.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Massive

i really don't see the point in this as there is transfiguration spell that exist that can change you in to animal sorry but i just can't see the point in it at all

Zen

Um, because you can't transfigure yourself? And there aren't really varied transfigurations? And if we had a vote, without a doubt having Animal Shifting in would win.

Dylan

Put a poll up and see what people think then Zen!

Massive

Quote from: Zen on February 17, 2015, 08:40:08 PM
Um, because you can't transfigure yourself? And there aren't really varied transfiguration? And if we had a vote, without a doubt having Animal Shifting in would win.

actually you can transfigure yourself to a magical animal that is a dragon and few others already exist ...basically you want more self to transfiguration spells.. what i see you're trying to say is you want a self transfiguration spell that gives you a random animal..

also i still don't see the point in this

Kole

What hes trying to say is he wants something no one else can get yet i dont think something like that would ever be implemented into the game because of how unfair it would be to new players who never got a chance to get it

Sara

If this were to be implemented, it would be super rare. Not something you could get money wise. But maybe event-only wise that doesn't happen so much. Because as Kole said, it is unfair to new players.

10 mill is to easy to get, hence why I say event-only. And it would have to be an event that everyone can do. That includes new players aswell. Also polls won't help you. They do not show the pros or cons towards the idea. So it's look-down upon for that idea.

Rotem

Normally I wouldn't reply but here's my thought on this anyway, as far as I'm concerned Massive and Kole are 100% right.

I'd also say that I would first give transfigurations an effect before I even go down the path of animagus, there's a high chance that if I were to give transfigurations or animagus effects, they'd be using the exact same code so I'd rather develop transfigurations first.

If the change is purely cosmetic then it is entirely up to Justin, which is my way of saying I don't really want to add crap icons with a "self to" verbs that hold no purpose whatsoever other than to change your human icon to a crappy ripped off cat icon.

Zen

Added the poll before it updated. Whoops >.>

Also, is it really unfair to newbies to have unique items? Wouldn't the same rules apply to rare scarves, or magic eyes?

This game badly needs more content, this was an idea, if you don't like it fine.

Now I'm going to make a topic about customized patronus'

Kole

Customized patronus' most likely wont be a thing either there would either be one you choose or it would be random if they were added since people would complain if theirs didnt get accepted and would try and troll by trying to make a dick one

Rotem

Poll removed, suggestion board is not a poll. Whoever told you to make a poll was clearly trolling you.
When I told you to make a suggestion I did so in hopes someone will take your suggestion and turn it around.

A ton of suggestions sit on suggestion board before they're added, I imagine by the time I'm done with transfigurations more ideas will be gathered here. If I disapprove a simple cosmetic change it doesn't mean this can't be changed to be something better.