Marauder's Map

Started by Wilderness, July 28, 2013, 05:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilderness

The Marauder's Map from the Harry Potter series should be implemented into TWC. It was a pretty cool item throughout the movies and books and I'm sure it'd be pretty cool to have in TWC. There are ways it could be done, such as simply bringing up a make with tiny dots showing where every person is (This could provide problems though, as the map changes? Right? Solutions.) I believe a simple way it could be done is to simply make the Marauder's Map put the player into a separate view where the player can use the arrow keys, simply moving the camera to look around. (The Marauder's Map also showed people with the invisibility cloak or under any situation.) Although the Marauder's Map should, according to it's purpose, show even the identities of Death Eaters, that would probably be highly frowned upon so I do not suggest that be implemented. It could grant vision of invisible people as it does in Harry Potter, but once again. Isn't required. You could make it easily obtainable for a cheap price, you could make it obtainable through prize, or you could make it a high price with a limited stock such as magical eyes. Would be up to you guys. I just thought the Marauder's Map was one of the coolest things in Harry Potter and I'm sure it'd make a good addition to TWC.
Edit: Adding link to info on the Marauder's Map from the HP wikia. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder's_Map
Edit 2: I do realize this was posted before, but I believe a simple free camera mode would be easy-ish to implement. Much more easy than actually making a map.

bryan

Just an idea if you wanted to use a map portion for the game.