Artifacts

Started by Tye Collins, May 26, 2013, 06:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Collins

This is one of those insane, over-thought ideas that I'm known for around the web, but I think it sounds pretty cool.

Artifacts:
Basically, these would be items from the HP series that give some kind of bonus. They don't have to all be stat bonuses, but more like... well, artifacts! For example, the Marauder's Map, which could allow the owner to view a mini-map of their current z-level, with marks for players; also, some could be combat-related, such as Salazar's Locket, which (although damaged to the point of not being able to summon an actual Basilisk) could summon a snake whose power is based off of the number of snakes killed by the owner while wearing the locket (perhaps 1 damage per couple of snakes, or something similar).

Of course, there couldn't be infinite of these things; that would eventually ruin their purpose. Also, if they were granted from some high-level quests, that would just leave a bunch of already crazy powerful characters with even more power! Instead, I picture some kind of regular event (weekly, monthly, whatever) that passes them around. They wouldn't have to be just combat; instead, they could be things that are related to that item, such as a scavenger hunt for the Marauder's Map. That ensures that lower-level people can have a chance to get these items as well. The only problem I could see with that is finding people to do these events, but, if all else failed, I would happily put them together. I have no life during the summer!  ;D

These artifacts could spice up the otherwise repetitive cycle of events in TWC. As of now, most events are rewarded in gold; items such as bling, scarves, and wigs; or generic comedy. Wouldn't it be much cooler to be competing for something that could make you the envy of newer players?

"Dude, that guy's wearing Salazar's Locket... Awesome!"

"I know, right? I can't wait for the next change-of-hands event! Maybe I'LL get it next..." Yeah, the event would REALLY need a better name than the "Change-Of-Hands Event"...

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or conundrums in the form of a reply and I'll attempt to answer, respond, or solve them. Oh, and yes, this is my first post. Hello TWC!
Tye Collins: proud Slytherin, friendly often-invisible guy with an obsession with existence.
"Have a good existence, I'm gonna go kill stuff."
"What's you opinion of existence? Do YOU exist? Do I exist? WHAT exists?"