Help with Code

Started by Cash, April 24, 2014, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cash

So, I downloaded the latest version of TWC, to do some developing so I can contribute to the game. But I have one issue, why is there not one file where you can add admins in ? And also why dont admins auto get the spells to lock classrooms and what not, and ALSO how do you make ONE player a teacher for ONE class instead of all? Thanks

Justin

Cash

Thanks, but that does not solve my problems dont know where to look in those for the answers to my questions :$

Rotem

This is what I do for testing:

mob/verb
MURRAWHIP_ME()
src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/GM/verb/)
src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Spells/verb/)
src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/test/verb/)
src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Quidditch/verb)
src.Gm=1
src.shortapparate=1
src.draganddrop=1
src.admin=1

This will help you in testing, have fun!

Cash

I am very thankful that you are all replying but it doesn't help me :/ My issue is when I go into my private world of the latest code your running for TWC I have all my staff commands and what not because I replace murrawhips name with my ckey in the code everywhere, yet I do not understand how to physically make someone a teacher of a certain class, and give them the spell to lock and unlock the doors. I myself can't see the spell anywhere in my staff tab or spells tab that says colloportus or whatever. But thank you for the replys :)

Malokh

Quote from: Cash on April 24, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
I am very thankful that you are all replying but it doesn't help me :/ My issue is when I go into my private world of the latest code your running for TWC I have all my staff commands and what not because I replace murrawhips name with my ckey in the code everywhere, yet I do not understand how to physically make someone a teacher of a certain class, and give them the spell to lock and unlock the doors. I myself can't see the spell anywhere in my staff tab or spells tab that says colloportus or whatever. But thank you for the replys :)
those are verbal spells you have to type it in chat yw

Cash

A certain way to type it in chat(*colloportus)? or just the word ?

Malokh

Amy

To make someone a teacher, I'm assuming it's the same way you made yourself the main admin.... except with the teacher code.

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Rotem

May I ask how those 2 connect?

Quote from: Cash on April 24, 2014, 03:41:59 PM
So, I downloaded the latest version of TWC, to do some developing so I can contribute to the game.

Quote from: Cash on April 24, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
how to physically make someone a teacher of a certain class, and give them the spell to lock and unlock the doors.

I fail to see what you're trying to do.
In the past there were a lot of verbs to make people teachers but instead we edit everything manually, there's no key in the code, there's just an admin panel to add verbs and edit var to change certain variables and yes we do it for each GM, manually.

I don't exactly understand why you want teachers or why exactly you even care about doors.

You may consider this rude but you won't learn anything messing with TWC source, in fact it may teach you bad programming habits and I highly advise you to visit Developer Help section in BYOND forums and read the stickys if you have any interest in learning.

maxsteel

Quote from: Cash on April 24, 2014, 03:41:59 PM
So, I downloaded the latest version of TWC, to do some developing so I can contribute to the game. But I have one issue, why is there not one file where you can add admins in ? And also why dont admins auto get the spells to lock classrooms and what not, and ALSO how do you make ONE player a teacher for ONE class instead of all? Thanks
hey cash ! :) you must first of all give for your self ALL THE VERBS ...

listenooc = 1
      listenhousechat = 1
      invisibility = 0
      switch(key)
         if("Maxsteel13")//change this to your key to get all the verbs !
            src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/GM/verb/)
            src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Spells/verb/)
            src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/test/verb/)
            src.verbs+=typesof(/mob/Quidditch/verb)
            src.Gm=1
            src.shortapparate=1
            src.draganddrop=1
            src.admin=1

now when you are done let's make your admins have GM ..
go to the edit verb in the staff tap .. chose your admin, go on 2nd .. then go on Gm change the number from 0 to 1 .. then YAYY ! HE IS A GM ! :PPP now you know how to do dat ? thank you for reading .
name:max
level 500
house:griffindor
         event maker on twc
~rip maxsteel~
"I give up , there is no use with arguing here."
https://m.facebook.com/minecrafthellaguys