Devices that could be put into a vault.

Started by Skystone, August 21, 2016, 08:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

With an increase in guild activity it would be wise if we could transport some of the devices commonly used in Hogwarts to vaults and HQs.

I'm proposing that a player could set a certain area up in their vault or HQ as a dueling arena, a potion table, or a storage closet and etc.

How I thought this could work is by the user equipping the object in their inventory just like any other item and when they click on it the item will tell if the player has enough room or not in front of them and will prompt them if they want to deploy the object or not.

If they hit yes the object will be deployed and will not be able to be removed unless the player right clicks on it and hits the verb "pick up" or whatever.

If the player hits no then the object will stay in their inventory for further use.

By having these areas up it will make living in HQs and vaults much better and allow players to be productive without having to go back and forth between their HQ and Hogwarts (after all, we're graduates).

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

I'd be more inclined to do that to major guild HQs aka the clan HQs.

I don't think I'll be changing how vaults currently work anytime soon, if fallout 4 can't manage it nicely why should I. It's just too much trouble for what it's worth not to mention whatever will be done won't be done with HQ vault.

Vaults is sort of a completed feature, at best I will update wizard vault with new features in the future. (By update, I mean add a new vault, much like luxury to HQ vault, we can't update old vaults)

If you want extra perks for your guild, win the clan HQ.

Ben

I didn't make a nice new map of Hogwarts for everyone to be in their vaults all the time!

Skystone

Quote from: Ben on August 22, 2016, 09:02:25 AM
I didn't make a nice new map of Hogwarts for everyone to be in their vaults all the time!

So you'd rather them stay in the library/great hall?

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Kole

Well they are a part of the map he made so probably not but i agree theres no reason to put everything in vaults atleast in the library/great hall new players can come and chat but if it got moved into vaults people would spend all their time in them and the wont be anyone around the actual map for newbies to see and talk to it would be like a ghost town

Rotem

I'll be answering once for all vault related upgrade suggestions ever to be made in the future

Dueling arenas, there's a portable dueling device you could use so I'll be ignoring this as it's something you could achieve already.

Storage closest? Hello? It's a vault.

Books? Go AFK in Hogwarts.

Cauldron + enchanter, maybe, never in old vaults. Here's the thing with old vaults, they're a fixed map .sav file, designed once. Once it's in the game, this template map is copied to create your vault, if I change the template now, it won't impact your vault, only new buys.

Since it's mass production template, tags can't be set in them for fixed placements of upgrades, the only option is player freedom in placement which usually is a lot more trouble than it's worth, there's nothing wrong with how vaults currently are. HQ vault is more than enough for guild needs, private members could then invest in their own private vault for a wizard vault or whatever.

Any other perk should be brought up as a suggestion for clan HQs that you can win for a week.

Skystone

Quote from: Rotem on August 22, 2016, 10:28:41 AM
Dueling arenas, there's a portable dueling device you could use so I'll be ignoring this as it's something you could achieve already.

I haven't seen anyone use one. Nor do I know of anybody having one.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

I know of 3 that exists in TWC, HQ vault costs 40mill and 400 artifacts, whoever can fund that, can fund a rare PDS.

Rotem

I just searched for a place to drop a PDS in a vault and quite honestly neither luxury or wizard vault have the space. I prefer to make alt keys and give them a medium or big vault and drop a PDS in those. Just a thought, it's what I'd do.

Why use 1 vault for the guild when you can combine a couple vaults for a guild multi-vault? It's not like the first few bigger vaults cost much either! But they're perfect for a duel arena.