The Daily Prophet Revised and Revived (Hopefully)

Started by ZedZalias, April 22, 2014, 02:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZedZalias

Also, allow me to elaborate on the team framework, since the formatting issues I encountered stopped my from using the sup I wanted to.

Editor-In-Chiefx1, the wo(man) who is in charge of the Prophet, they choose who works for them, what goes into the paper and who can buy ads. They solely reserve the right to fire DP staff, and the are the only ones who can hire. There is only one Editor In Chief, however, if another person is to become Editor, who is to stop them from changing this framework?
Columnistsx2, these people are the two who will be taking up the desks in the office if this idea goes through, they are in charge of turning the Reporters information into articles of a generally good and appropriate standard.
ReportersxAnyAmount, these people find information, talk to insiders, and spy on others, to be a reporter, a cloak of invisibilty is recommended, so you can spy on others.
Insiders, basically the people we pay for gossip.... Not much else to say....
Ad Buyers, they would keep the Prophet financially afloat, I'd expect this to be used by clans or mini-clans advertising membership, or maybe a private store runner. Or maybe a multi-millionaire like Death and his wonderful store. Possibilities are endless.

Of course, like I said earlier, I would love to keep the Submit and Article form that Amy did up, but maybe make it more in depth, Article name and such, and every edition we could pick someone from the submitted to post the article.

ZedZalias

QuoteActually, that was not it at all. I did not want complete control over it. I wanted a team of people to be able to come together and do it when it was first decided. Currently, I have it completely open for anyone to submit an article. No blame, shame or judgement. I do like people to fill out all the parts asked though (that way if there is a MAJOR issue with it, and trust me it must be a major major major issue, I can contact the person and ask them to rewrite). However, Cassandra is the only person to have submitted an article at all.

What really made me angry is it sounded like nobody cared that I was writing articles for it. I could have abandoned the DP all together. As you can see, my signature doesn't say 'Head DP Editor' or something. Just says DP Team. You write articles for the DP, you're on the team. Done.

I am honestly very sick of being portrayed in this negative connotation by you, Turb, and the very few people that have jumped on the bandwagon of treating me terribly.

And Cassandra, I was just simply saying that MANY people before (not just me) have tried to do this heirachy deal that comes with normal newspapers and honestly that doesn't work on this game. People responded nicely to mine then very few people followed through (and we had not established a reign of who was on top at that point, it was just common knowledge Rotem had the power to post then and now it's Julian). The daily prophet skype group had over 10 people in it - more than enough people to be able to write and have a decent DP going. However, Omnia and I were really the only ones writing articles for it. Even then, it just slowly dropped down to me.

It was my fault for reacting the way I did. I was planning to update every 2 weeks, and of course the day I was going to get all the new articles up this post showed up. So I'm sorry for getting angry. Feel free to keep submitting articles. I'd be more than happy to have someone else writing articles. I can only do so much.
I submitted another article already, because I enjoy writing, I think this post should be locked if possible, as I dont think there is much possibility in my Revisions coming to fruition, and I'm fine with that, Ill continue to write articles and send them in.

Rotem

The Daily Prophet was never dead, just wrongly named, it's not daily.

Every now and then people post articles on it and they can continue to do so, while Julian is 'fired' it doesn't mean you can't continue posting articles Amy.

I am quite pleased with the fact DP gets articles every now and then, I don't think there's a need to have ranks because people do what they can, when they can and they can't commit for it always. Sometimes people disappear from twc for a period and that's ok.

You're all playing a game and there's no need to make it more complicated than it is, perhaps in the future I'd change how the DP works and make it an offical "job" where you can submit articles, they'd be reviewed and if accepted, you'll get paid.
Perhaps with a built in system like this, it'd be easy for everyone to submit articles and even get something out've it.