Constant connection time out

Started by NubSmoo, December 13, 2014, 11:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubSmoo

Hey, I'm wandering why my connection to the server keeps going out? I'm guessing it may be because I'm Australian and my ping may be too high. Would like to know if anyone else has any ideas.

King regards,
Smoo teh light blue of tah crew
In-Game name: Smoo
- [old] In-game name: Ooms
Current: Hufflepuff                 
Level 180

Murrawhip

Can you please provide more details as to what you're actually experiencing?

NubSmoo

Each time I hop on the game I can only play for around 10 minutes then i get connection timed out error
Level 180

NubSmoo

Level 180

Rotem

If you tell me your key, I can tell you if you're banned, although if you can load your character and stay there for 10 minutes you're not. This is the amount of help an admin can offer you.
What you need is someone to check your internet connection rather than a problem with TWC itself.

There's many possible causes to the problem you're describing and we really have little knowledge to actually give you a solution, I can tell you it has nothing to do with the fact you live in Australia as we do have players from there. You'd be most likely fine with a ping of 300-400ms.

While I can't promise that I will know what the problem is, those questions can help identify a problem:

• Right click the titlebar, click Command and type .ping this will display your ping in seconds, do this 5 times in intervals of 3 seconds, give us min, max and average ping.
  • Are you using wifi? Are you or anyone in your house downloading/uploading while this occurs

NubSmoo

I made a Byond account and it seems to be working now lmao, sorry forgot to mention i havnt had one yet. Anyways thanks all for the help.
Level 180