Horcruxes

Started by Nickcreed, September 16, 2012, 10:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickcreed

So i just had a good idea about how to implement Horcruxes into TWC. So, first off they would just be limited to DE, mainly due to it being a dark art. Aurors will get something to compensate not having Horcruxes, ill think of that later.

A death is needed to make a horcrux, so once a DE kills someone, they can use a spell (Horcrucio maybe? Cost:1000 mana? put in your input please!) within the next 30 seconds (or what ever time seems fair). This next part is what im having trouble deciding. One way is that it lays the horcrux directly at the users feet, and will teleport the user back to it once the user dies, at 1 health, that way they can still fight (or run and survive) one more hit then usual.

OR the user can make an item in their inventory (which can only be select horcruxable items) and the user drops it themselves. If someone dies with it in their inventory it automatically revives them with a slight delay one on the ground would not have. That way they would have to find and get that item that is horcruxable, which could be made moderate to rare.

Next is that anyone can attack the Horcrux to try to destroy it. To destroy it with normal attacks, it would need enough damage onto it that would be equal to the user's max health. Aurors could have a spell/item that destroys a horcrux in one hit, balancing out fights.

That is pretty much it for now. If i think of anything else i will edit this post to reflect it.

Rotem

TWC's fighting is pretty fast.
I kind of fail to see the purpose when people get revived instantly in hospital wing.

Then there's matter of getting it by killing.

I almost have 20k kills, only about 4k deaths, Imagine the amount I could get with /my max hp/.
Pretty OPed, LET'S ADD IT.

Ezekiel Fenix

My thoughts on it.

Verb: Make Horcrux in Clan Tab

X amount of time after using it you have to kill someone to produce one 'Horcrux' in your inventory.

Idk what the purpose of having a Horcrux would be, like Rotem I think they're pointless with the respawn in Hopsital wing, here are a few ideas though.

-Prevents the 'Death' from going on your counter
-Allows you to change your respawn if you place the item somewhere
-Instantly revives you in the same place with only 1hp and a 10 second counter before you can use Any spell (I like this one because in the series Voldemort came back all weak and powerless) Would Give your killer a message like 'You tried to knockout out <Player Name>, but they had a Horcrux!'

Malokh

I like the idea of placing it after a certain amount of kills and then respawning there.

Skystone

Would this basically be a "kill-streak" kinda thing?

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

Having it be a clan only thing would only make us aurors even more undesireable. :-C

Skystone

I thought Nick was talking about 1 special spell for each clan. Like Horcrux for Deatheater's, while Aurors get something else equally as useful.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Atkinson123

I know that people respawn instantly in the hospital wing,
but what if they were miles away from the hospital wing [then got killed]
They would want to get back faster, so this horcrux at feet respawn thing is a good idea
[in my opinion]

Markus

The Horcrux system I made(in beta) goes with what Atk said. You drop it down, and if you get killed, you go there. But with my system, the horcrux can be picked up by anyone, so you need to find somewhere to hide it to go there. Also, you can only go to it x amount of times, x being decided by a math system I did. And it can be destroyed by certain objects that randomly appear and disappear, even in your inventory.

The difference is ANYONE can create a horcrux, so long as they know the spell for it, and getting the spell is extremely rare. It's like find the magic eye being sold at Divos, practically once a week, and with no warning.  And with that spell comes a sacrifice. There are requirements needed to make a horcrux, and you need to meet them before you go making one. Once you make one, the verb for making one goes away, so you have to go get it again. That way, if you are good at timing, you can have unlimited lives. If you have 5 or more horcruxes, I've made it so that you are virtually invincible. I have more perks for horcruxes, but that's my system. I've given a little info so far, and it's just an idea :P

Permanent Slytherin
Awesome Slytherwin
Will do eviwl thingz for food.

Skystone

Wow, that seems really good Markus.   :)
Definitely seems suitable to be an extremely rare ability.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Lavenblade

The idea is too OP itself, and really serves no purpose anyways besides spawning closer to somebody, or another place you desire. Spawning where you died is kind of pointless when you can just walk back, and spawning elsewhere is solved by apparation.

I feel like at this point the idea is far too undeveloped and I don't even see what the point is in this feature.

However, you can try and convince me how this could be really useful. Of course you'd want to make it useful in a way where it's not OP and doesn't ruin other features such as apparation and the spell portus.

Markus

It comes with cookies Lav

Permanent Slytherin
Awesome Slytherwin

Justin

So what is gonna stop me from teleporting into someones inventory after they pick it up?

Markus

Forgot to mention that. If it's picked up by someone, it makes them randomly take damage without knowing, and randomly moves them in a random direction, randomly timed. Such Randomness

Permanent Slytherin
Awesome Slytherwin