issues? is it on mac?

Started by mythrider, November 20, 2011, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythrider

I had trouble downloading it. I joined this website, and the game looks awesome. I have a macbook pro 10.6.8 but it kept saying it wouldn't extract or something.  I'm using safari but I have google chrome and firefox as well.  So I'm confused. Any tips on how to download it?

Murrawhip

This game only supports Windows. There are some emulator type things you can run with Mac that let you run windows programs - Google will have the answers.

mythrider

Is there anything you recommend works best with the game?

Amy

soooo i'm totally late on this butttt
run windows through bootcamp.

it's like a $99 purchase, yeah, but it's worth it if you're into gaming. mostly because alot of games are only for windows if it came before the win/mac gen.

emulators, they don't work that well on the mac to run actual games in real time.

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Murrawhip

Quote from: mythrider on November 23, 2011, 05:44:23 PM
Is there anything you recommend works best with the game?

Sorry, I somehow missed this post.
The best experience you could get would be to run windows through bootcamp like Choirgirl mentions. If you already have a windows license for another computer sitting around I'm pretty sure you can do this for free?

I use VirtualBox for my emulation needs, and I imagine that if you have a somewhat decent computer, it should be able to run TWC and other BYOND games at near-perfect speeds. With this though, like bootcamp, you still need an actual windows installation dvd/iso + license. (I'm sure a torrent will help you out if you're that way inclined.)