A Bounty Board

Started by Skystone, August 15, 2015, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

An easy to way help encourage new players to do pvp is by giving a direct reward when killing another player.

One way to do this is by making a bounty system. Here's how it works:

A board could be placed somewhere in Diagon Alley detailing who needs to be killed to get a certain reward.
Once that player has been terminated the reward (items, gold, etc.) is given to the hunter.

I was thinking this could be further enhanced, detailing if they want to the hunter to do a backstab rather than a direct kill to make things more interesting.

This would work kind of like the auction system, but with a particular player's death as payment instead.

What do you guys think? Do you like the idea of this? Do you think it would strengthen PvP aspect in TWC?

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Habitual

Would be pretty fun. It could maybe even add a new faction or a way to place a bounty on another player.

Sara

If it doesn't have an ugly grey pop up then sure. But for new players that would mean an old player can easily just do a bounty on them and constantly go after them. Which would degrade the new player count. We would have to make it fair for new players and old. Since new players at this rate don't stand a chance against a level 700. Especially one who used stat points in HP or Damage.

Rotem

I think that there's a high enough gold reward for kills already, with new clans reputation it'd seem a bit of pointless or rather, it'd be worth to wait until after to see how bounty can fit in, we'll revisit this later.

Skystone

Quote from: Sara on August 15, 2015, 11:27:19 PM
If it doesn't have an ugly grey pop up then sure. But for new players that would mean an old player can easily just do a bounty on them and constantly go after them. Which would degrade the new player count. We would have to make it fair for new players and old. Since new players at this rate don't stand a chance against a level 700. Especially one who used stat points in HP or Damage.

Why would old players want new players dead? If anything new players would want old players dead as most old players can take out most new players anyways. This would also give another incentive for new players to get gold quickly (hence monster farming) in order to get rid of old players.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Sara

Quote from: Skystone on August 16, 2015, 08:37:27 AM
Quote from: Sara on August 15, 2015, 11:27:19 PM

Why would old players want new players dead? If anything new players would want old players dead as most old players can take out most new players anyways. This would also give another incentive for new players to get gold quickly (hence monster farming) in order to get rid of old players.

You'd be surprised on how weird old players think when it comes to easy prey. Especially when all you want is to kill anyone in sight. lol

Rotem

PvE and PvP are currently completely pointless due to lack of hype or rather, drama. Money will not motivate anyone other than a certain blueberry muffin. I am still certain that guilds & clans should be implemented properly before we see how this can be used to add upon them.

Skystone

Quote from: Rotem on August 17, 2015, 04:09:13 AM
Money will not motivate anyone other than a certain blueberry muffin.

I hope you understand I also meant items as well as gold could be offered.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

Items don't motivate people to be active either not to mention it'd open a bunch of questions as to which, how many and what for.

I do hate repeating myself but later on, we'd revisit it and develop it further to add on another system, as is, as a standalone it's really worthless compared to how wonderful it could be as a part of a clan or a guild system part.