A Skill to Check Equipment

Started by Skystone, March 14, 2015, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

So I was thinking that since we have skills such as sense and scan, which can indicate a person's HP and k/d. Why not have another skill that will check a user's equipment so we can have an idea as to who we are facing.

Now that enchanting is a thing, people's equipment can change an individual's stats. If we could check what a person has on them that would help us understand how powerful and how much time and effort that player put into this game to get where they are.

This would be disrupted by occlumency as always.

Another benefit that could come from this skill is that people who are carrying information/credentials via scrolls could be preyed upon, which would be a nice little mechanic.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

Quote from: Skystone on March 14, 2015, 03:11:17 PM
So I was thinking that since we have skills such as sense and scan, which can indicate a person's HP and k/d. Why not have another skill that will check a user's equipment so we can have an idea as to who we are facing.
Because scan and sense suck.

Unless you get a better way of showing such indicators I definitely am going to avoid it.

Skystone

Quote from: Rotem on March 17, 2015, 06:02:32 AM
Quote from: Skystone on March 14, 2015, 03:11:17 PM
Because scan and sense suck.

Unless you get a better way of showing such indicators I definitely am going to avoid it.

I was thinking of some popup menu would appear containing pictures of the items the target is holding, kind of like the trading system menu only without the buttons and text boxes.

I also just thought that perhaps this skill would only be available for people who obtained magical eyes. It kind of makes sense since they are magical and all, and they can see things the average eye wouldn't.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Massive

my question is will it be able to see everthing in there inventory or just enchanted item they have ??

Skystone

Quote from: Massive on March 18, 2015, 12:36:19 PM
my question is will it be able to see everything in there inventory or just enchanted item they have ??

I was thinking the skill would be able to view both, but what I really want to see is it detecting enchanted items.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Skystone

I know I'm resurrecting this topic, but I thought the idea I had was pretty decent.

I'm still on board with having only magical eye users able to see the inventory as it gives another incentive to get that magical eye that so many people desire.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Ben

What if you fired this spell at them and all their equipment appeared in a circle around them, like what happens when you open chests and you could hover your mouse over each item and it'll tell you if it's been enchanted or whatever.