A bunch of suggestions to keep players more active and fun :D

Started by Hodor, April 28, 2014, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodor

So we had a massive discussion in game about all this so here's a bunch of idea's which could help keep the game alive.

This is a pretty long read but it has some good ideas :P

-------AUTO SYSTEMS-------
OOC>Hodor :  Rotem, 1-2 more automated system events will be good
OOC>Hodor :  as allot of people arn't on for events and then complain about not having events (i.e. me)

-------PETS--------
As Rotem was so enthusiastic about, adding pet's into the game would be a new kick start although would cause a big dynamic change to everything, It would have pet leveling and evolutions, though it would need to be grinded by killing mobs or giving them items that would drop from mobs or something, evolution items could be gained from events or questing or killing bosses (Bassy(this would also require bassy to be re-worked as it is extremely easy to kill and does a stupid amount of damage)), it could have eggs and a hatching period, maybe one day a breeding system.
But what would pet's be used for? pet's would have give status, could have pet battling as adding pets into regular dueling would be broken and op, it could have a similar use to permoveo, it could be used to kill mobs for you or retrieve items for you, maybe you could ride some have increase move-speed.
The issue of icons then arose but is easily fixed by ripping old icons and adding effects, another issue arose after that, what about evolutions?? well it is a big system and then new icons may need to be made but the logic around it is simple, Cat > couger >tiger  or (element)Goo > (element) Form > (element) elemental.
The system has an endless amount of idea and lots of people would have different idea's for it so don't just go from mine/rotems/koles idea's :)

------DAILIES--------

Daily quests could add a re-visit effect to the game having different rewards for different quests, i.e. 5k gold for completion, this could be tied in with the pet system if it happens and you could use your pet to do different things for leveling items etc.
Daily chain quests are a good idea along with it, a quest chain could be sesonal similar to the easter bunny event or could be started after completeing X amount of dailies or tied with another points system. chain quests could be broken if the player doesn't come back the next day to complete the rest of the quest and is unable to complete the chain again, chain quests could also have increasing rewards or a big bulk reward at the end such as an item.
The chain quests could also be tied in with current/normal quests.

-----MOB ITEMS/MERCHANT------
Mobs could have a chance at dropping an item which could be turned in for money either has to be sold in bulk (10) or singuly, though the chances would have to be high or it would be a broken method of money and would un-even the econemy, another form would be a merchant comes along occasionally for a period of days and would buy/trade mob items for in-game items, the merchant is similar to the new shop system added by rotem.

------MAP/ITEMS/MOBS/EVENTS-------
The map is in desperate need of a size change, although Rotem said she was already working on this i would like to re-enforce the situation, Hogsmeade is in desperate need of this.
Items need reconsidering i.e. need to be less available, money/trading is now useless as there are only a few 'rare' items to trade, now with the new trading system scamming has basically been removed from the game and would incourage people farm allot more and would give the mystery shop and events back their competitivness.
Mobs need a re-work as we need more mobs due to the fact that we have had the current mobs for over a year now and havn't really had much of a change, giving little abilties to them would be effective such as slows/poisons which will add a challenge to farming mobs as they can currently be kited and have no risk, (i did a little maths and each run of SB takes roughly 2.5minutes, Archies > waters > fires >wyverns (runback)>Archies etc... gives around 250k minimum per hour if done at a slowish pace, although not many people farm it for an hour it is still a 'broken' method of money making considering you just run back and forth with no punishment.
Events are also unbalanced as the main events hosted is FFA and HW which isn't fair for lower level/lesser skilled players and just gives wealth to the wealthy.
i remember a couple of events rotem did, one where there was a mysterious killer killing students when they slept. although it is down to social hieracy it gives lesser skilled players a better chance.

-----PROFFESSIONS------

Professions is also a very big system but could add a little bit of farming/wealth and give a little balance.
there are loads of things proffessions could do like merging mob items (if it was implemented) which could be sold for a little more money or used in quests, you could also add things like gemming which can be used visually or for adding small amounts of stats to things like wands or scarves etc.. you could even add professions into events/ a mini-game where people have X amount of time or are against another team and have to build/make stuff to repel the other team or attack them, similar to the clan points system, im just spitballing but it could be added to something like it. you could have 'recepies' which people can learn where you can make items, though the items would be gained from mobs+found+events meaning they become even more rare and will give dedicated players a strong goal to achieve (one of few of the item in the game if the only) the recepie can be obtained many ways depending on how it is seen when coded, if it is gained through the mystery shop/merchant(if added) or through event.

-----BOSSES------
I also saw treaches idea and have been talking with kole about this, adding a boss event would be very good, has loads of oppotunities for different things,
they would be in their own little area/zone one example we made up is the spider that hagrid knew in the forbidden forest, it would have many little phases and many rewards providing a big challenge for higher leveled players, involving tactics etc.. the spider has many features, attacking targets, spawning/throwing webs which slow the players, it could have a poison, it would also spawn little spiders at a certain point of the fight or through the whole thing, the spider minions would not deal a large amount of damage, maybe 10 every 2 seconds but because they are dense they make movement difficult and their main source of damage would be from poisons (this is a 'DPS' type of thing added to the game) which instead of chunking off damage like normal will slowly wear down the targets which will therefor allow a combo between the poison and boss damage. another little thing could be the minion spiders spawn from eggs which the boss spawns in, you can kill the eggs to prevent the minions spawning or allow them to hatch (will hatch after X amount of time) after Killing the boss the players can be rewarded either eggs, items or coins. Eggs would implament very well with the other systems i mentioned like the merchant and pets system (giving rarer pets to higher players).

Obviously this is a boss and the easiest way to remove the 'farm' system it would have to have to have a 'door lock' mechanism which is initiated when the boss is started (engaged). which forces players to try and stay alive otherwise they will not beable to re-join the fight and claim their spoils(unless the boss is low/killed within 15 seconds of the player dieing) this also prevents lowbies runing in and out to get exp, gold and loot. if all the players die/the boss isn't attacked for X amount of seconds then the bosses HP resets and the Door is unlocked allowing another attempt. another depth could be added to the fight by adding a debuff like damage decrease or little health pads that only work once per fight.

So this is all i can think of as it's getting late :D i'll proberbly add some more suggestions soon, this is obviously my idea's so if people could also add in anything they would like to see in the systems if they added them or any fault's you might see in them so whoever is coding may see what others think etc...

Kole

The cat one sounds pretty stupid XD As how would an ordinary house cat turn into a tiger it could instead just be a kitten then turn into a grown cat the amount of evolutions was not specified so i dont see how that wouldnt work as a cat doesnt randomly turn into a tiger when it grows

Edit: Also in the films Hagrid is shown to have all these exotic pets such as his three headed dog they used to guard the trap door or the giant spider that was in the forrest a way pets could be implemented like this is if there is a shady merchant maybe in the bar who sells rare animal eggs such as these for a price

Hodor

You are a derp xD i was just throwing out a couple of examples and ideas for people to expand on, it is also what is wrong with a cat turning into a couger then tiger? xD

The merchant idea makes allot of sense instead of having a mystery shop as he can be removed and added once a week for a few days

Dazzler

I have to admit, I like how you took Runescape's 'Daily Challenges' and added them. In all honesty I think they are probably the best bet for players to increase activity though.
Proud Slytherin!
Current Hogwarts Graduate Year!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Leader of TWC Wiki's Revival Team!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Ezekiel Fenix

Quote from: Hodor on April 28, 2014, 07:35:21 PM
So we had a massive discussion in game about all this so here's a bunch of idea's which could help keep the game alive.

This is a pretty long read but it has some good ideas :P

-------AUTO SYSTEMS-------
OOC>Hodor :  Rotem, 1-2 more automated system events will be good
OOC>Hodor :  as allot of people arn't on for events and then complain about not having events (i.e. me)

http://forum.wizardschronicles.com/index.php?topic=1895.msg8384#msg8384

If there were to be expansions such as this I would suggest that it go in four different directions at the same time you would want:

1. A Group of Staff Constantly doing events how it is being done now.
2. Someone Constantly coding in New Quests Maybe on a monthy basis?
3. A small Group of people constantly coding the new systems you want (In preffered orderd) PoH, Pets, Dance Parties, Orgies.
4. Someone coding a much more massive super quest which will taunt our beleifs and play with our psyche