#ClanRevival #TWCWINTER

Started by Severus, November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severus

Forgive the ashtags. #ashclan #wolfclan

If YOU are in a clan/involved with recently PLEASE take 2 mins to read and CONTRIBUTE. Its all love

Clans are running really dry. In order for things to happen such as clan wars etc we need clans to be active; in order for clans to be active we need things to happen such as clan wars etc. Viscous circle, right?

A lot of us are getting older. We have lives, jobs, bills to pay, people to spend time with, you know the sort. Perhaps it's time that we begin a medium-term process that sees us pass the baton to the next generation of players who have bags of time to commit to the game.

So, are leadership shifts a necessity? Perhaps. Doesn't mean you have to leave or lose power within the group. But an active, fresh leader who can lead in to battle and explore new avenues within the game - because they want to, not because they feel pressured to.

Other clansmen alike can contribute by using their experience with the valuable time they have to pass knowledge via training players or taking on personal apprentices.

I think if us older players give way for the new ones, it would see an increase in activity and such. Don't read this wrong; this is not an immediate changeover. This is a medium-term process. It still very promotes to the top clan players to participate when they can.

I've drafted a few ideas that could help the potential boost in clan excitement and clan activity:

- Two Clan Wars Events
The first is the old-school, old fashioned way of doing clan wars. It's easy to set up, will be arranged as part of a GM schedule and can be weekly.

The second is the new-school, developmental event mid-creation by Murrawhip. We'll need to give purpose and motivation for Murrawhip to go on to set up this intricate event. Let's give him some by showing activity and will to help clans.

- Clan Draft Lottery
Some may argue that the current clans are one sided.

A fun idea would be a 'Clan Draft Lottery' where all players who are involved in a clan or have been involved in a clan since the reopening of the server in April put their name in to a hat. An event will be held in the Ministry of Magic where a draft lottery will take place, conducted by perhaps Murrawhip himself.
The players would then be drawn from a hat. The first player drawn is Auror, second player DE, and so on. The players would have to decide between themselves over a period of 2 to 3 days who their new leader will be. The new roster could initially then be a 14 day trial period.

During the trial period the events could take place for clans. At the end of the trial period if by mutual agreement things should return to how they were, then so be it. If not, then things shall resume.

- DE/Auror non-fighting events

Perhaps GMs/Admins could be in charge of hosting clan events that test more than just fighting. Kidnapping rp events with temporary event-created maps with mazes and stuff. There could be several ways to rescue from the Auror perspective and several ways to retain kidnapping from the DE perspective. It could be so that entry is a maze or something. One of the mazes may lead to an open duel area for those who wish to fight.

- Allowing versaitlity

Perhaps allowing more versatility for DE to penetrate/threaten student saftey could be made so that Aurors would be needed to be called on.

More DE's outside of school would be good instead of the occassional 1 or 2. Perhaps areas within the school that are kill zones (excluding duel arenas/common rooms).
Give Aurors a reason to wake up from long periods of AFK mode and do something Auror-like.

- Territory

Creating a system where holding certain territories could bring loads of fun. The factors which could determine who owns a specific territory I will lay down to you, the players.

The benefits of holding territories could be for pride, bragging rights and in-game benefits such as gold increases, exp increases, special items, decreased health/medi cooldowns, access to purchasable items, all sorts.

I think there's much potential in this idea, whether it's GM controlled or free-roam.

I urge you to respond with parts of this forum post you agree with/can elaborate on/want to happen. Say what you want, let your opinions be known.

If YOU are in a clan, what do YOU want from it?

#TWCWinter

-Sev

Otaku DJ

Really great ideas but I think the only one I dislike is the clan lottery. I don't really want to be forced into the DEs or have a recruitment forced upon me to any clan. I really like the territory thing sorta like king of the hill. I'd also really like that DEs could force a school invasion. Not like just 1 or 2. Like 4 or 5 all have to come together to get it to occur. The non-fighting events are also really cool.
Grad Slytherin
Current ban status: Woo no ban

Amy

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMA lot of us are getting older. We have lives, jobs, bills to pay, people to spend time with, you know the sort. Perhaps it's time that we begin a medium-term process that sees us pass the baton to the next generation of players who have bags of time to commit to the game.

On this, I would say more about activity rather than how old you are. I am 22 and still have ample amounts of time to put into TWC even with my current schedule. In fact, I can say I have more time than I would have 2 years ago. A good example is Rotem, who's been on forever and yet she still makes time to be on TWC quite actively.

Personally I disagree on a few other bits of what you posted, though that is something that needs to be set up within the clans though and is not appropriate for the suggestion board.

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMTwo Clan Wars Events
The first is the old-school, old fashioned way of doing clan wars. It's easy to set up, will be arranged as part of a GM schedule and can be weekly.
The second is the new-school, developmental event mid-creation by Murrawhip. We'll need to give purpose and motivation for Murrawhip to go on to set up this intricate event. Let's give him some by showing activity and will to help clans.

We'd need to hear more details, though I think creating another version of clan wars would be more than appropriate.

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMClan Draft Lottery
Some may argue that the current clans are one sided.
A fun idea would be a 'Clan Draft Lottery' where all players who are involved in a clan or have been involved in a clan since the reopening of the server in April put their name in to a hat. An event will be held in the Ministry of Magic where a draft lottery will take place, conducted by perhaps Murrawhip himself.
The players would then be drawn from a hat. The first player drawn is Auror, second player DE, and so on. The players would have to decide between themselves over a period of 2 to 3 days who their new leader will be. The new roster could initially then be a 14 day trial period.
During the trial period the events could take place for clans. At the end of the trial period if by mutual agreement things should return to how they were, then so be it. If not, then things shall resume.

This I don't like at all. If I choose to be an Auror, I choose to be an Auror vs being stuck in them. Yeah? Clan balancing is a thing that has happened in the past and that has to be discussed with higher members of each clan. That is between the clans though and should not be posted in the suggestion section.

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMDE/Auror non-fighting events
Perhaps GMs/Admins could be in charge of hosting clan events that test more than just fighting. Kidnapping rp events with temporary event-created maps with mazes and stuff. There could be several ways to rescue from the Auror perspective and several ways to retain kidnapping from the DE perspective. It could be so that entry is a maze or something. One of the mazes may lead to an open duel area for those who wish to fight.

I think Auor/DE sponsored events could follow a raid idea or something like that. I mean our jobs aren't exactly for entertaining the children (this is slightly skewed toward something brought up in the past...but again, that's between the clan, not for the suggestion board).

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMAllowing versaitlity
Perhaps allowing more versatility for DE to penetrate/threaten student saftey could be made so that Aurors would be needed to be called on.
More DE's outside of school would be good instead of the occassional 1 or 2. Perhaps areas within the school that are kill zones (excluding duel arenas/common rooms). Give Aurors a reason to wake up from long periods of AFK mode and do something Auror-like.

I brought up the idea of turning safe zones off. That was a no-go. However, if maybe DE and Aurors could use spells while other students could not.... That would have to be discussed with the higher powers XP
I think this would fall into territorial. Now how would the student be able to contact us? What if OOC isnt an option while they are in that place? etc etc.

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AMTerritory
Creating a system where holding certain territories could bring loads of fun. The factors which could determine who owns a specific territory I will lay down to you, the players.
The benefits of holding territories could be for pride, bragging rights and in-game benefits such as gold increases, exp increases, special items, decreased health/medi cooldowns, access to purchasable items, all sorts.

As cool as this sounds, it'd have to be carefully planned out. We aren't assassins creed or something XP I'm sure if there was a full on war and maybe if there were other maps added or idk....it'd have to be thought out xP but i think territorial things are cool but it would have to be planned out the right way XP

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

DuhCosmicApple

The ideas here are very creative, and they're exciting to me, very much. I agree with DJ, the lottery thing sounds pretty cool, but there are a couple conflicts that can be run into if this actually commences.

The non fighting RP sounds cool, and if it were real, I would take part in it with full heart.

A lot about this whole thing I'm really concerned about is how EASY it would be to add these into the game. Perhaps it is easy or not, I am not sure. Honestly, with clans, I don't think what the clan does should revolve around the leader of the named clan. What the other members do to raise activity and do whatever it takes to make the game more fun whether it is inside clans or not is the important thing to focus on, which is why I am not exactly fully for the lottery.

I would absolutely love a school invasion with a number of DE and a number of Aurors fighting. It sounds super exciting.

Overall, these ideas are pretty good. I'd be excited to how much would be put into the game, if any at all. :P

NOT JIMBLES

Amy

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Severus

Sure, so, so far the lottery is an absolute no.

Territory and further clan versatlity. Ideas/possibilities?

DuhCosmicApple

By territory, are you referring to perhaps a Capture the Flag concept?
NOT JIMBLES

Rotem

As I started writing my reply, I didn't plan it'll be so long, I don't think it belongs in suggestion board, or this suggestion in general, people who should read this suggestion and it's replies are most likely clan members.

Quote from: Severus on November 08, 2013, 09:41:02 AM
I think if us older players give way for the new ones, it would see an increase in activity and such. Don't read this wrong; this is not an immediate changeover. This is a medium-term process. It still very promotes to the top clan players to participate when they can.

I'm all for new people taking leadership, now, which one of you young ones can fit into my shoes?

• A fair question, who could actually be a better leader than me? Isn't it a question one should ask? The problem is, most people can't answer that question because either there's noone or their ego won't let them answer. Or perhaps they don't really care and like their position.
  • While it sounds nice, people like to follow, they like how things are and they don't like change, this doesn't just apply to the leader who doesn't want to leave his position but also to his followers who would rather depend on the current leader than get used to someone new.
  • Now let's say a clan of 20 players agreed to elect a new leader by majority, 7 players voted him in. The other 13 are now split into 3 groups who voted for 3 other people and are unhappy with the new leader. It just so happens the leader had the largest united group but certainly not the majority. Granted leaders were elected before and people rage quit over it, happened more than once.
  • Do you know to swim with sharks? Because you are going to need to be the biggest one. If a leader is weaker than his members, he'll be looked down upon, a leader must stand out and be the strongest. Why do you think people followed Voldemort? He couldn't have possibly led the deatheaters if Malfoy came to Voldemort and was all "-trollface- I'm stronger -steps over Voldemort-".

A leader is not to be taken lightly, that position is very demanding and people often forget what it means to lead, to take decisions, to be the one that actually takes care of a lot of others, others who depend on him.

The leader will be the one to seek solutions for their problems, to ask them if something is wrong, to take care of those needs. It's not Murrawhip that leads both clans, it's not Murra that's meant to seek activity for clans and find fancy solutions if the clan leaders fail at their job.

I don't see anything stopping clans from putting on a sign over pixie pit "We claim pixie pit, noodle off, it's ours." using a scroll then going now and then to monitor the area and make sure it's secured. ~ Here, I added terrority wars.

Any other event can be made by clans and GMs, as you know, old clan wars re-started and there's more events in planning however you can't rely only on GMs. "Anything GMs do, players can do better."

Aurors, wear your robes proudly 24/7, protect Hogwarts, LIVE THE LIFE OF AN AUROR, with pride. You are a badass who trained hard, studied and passed very tough exams and trails to become an Auror, you're not to be taken lightly. You can't just sit in the library all day long pretending to be a student, you're not.

Deatheaters, write evil scrolls and spread them all over TWC, claim terriorties, ATTACK MUDBLOODS. You are proud purebloods and you won't be satisfied until everyone else bows to you.

Of course, a lot of you are too frustrated and seek others to rely upon, some "strong" player who'll help us win or at least a balanced fight. And so, you take teamwork and throw it in the trash as well as basically call your entire clan weak. Wake up, this is a strategy game, not an action game, fighting is all about numbers and tactic, if you are in a small space whoever has more people shooting wins.

As Head Auror, I didn't get the upper hand over Deatheaters because I had 'stronger members', Deatheaters still had strong fighters but they were so few and Aurors were so many, they couldn't handle the amount of Aurors in their HQ.

To conclude, clans are entirely in players' hands, it is your responsiblity to make clans fun, if a leader is bad, you elect a new one, the leader is there to serve you, not the other way around. If there's no activity, you don't yell at other clan members, you simply add more activity. You can't change the world, you can only change yourself, so why don't you simply be the best of yourself?

There are currently 2 enemies standing before you, they're called disarray and lazyness, beat them. Be active and stay united, clans are there to work together, it's far nicer to be awesome in a group of awesome.

P.S. being active means play the game, it doesn't mean be a deadly fighter that's never AFK and always fights or whatever.