a change in momentum????

Started by Odd Future, September 18, 2013, 05:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odd Future

Sara I'm seeking suggestions and input on mine.
So you coming in here and trying to correct me is stupid.
And you should worry about stepping your own shit up than correcting mine. Last time I checked you're just a social clan member at best.
And even when I'm on and DE are out and Aurors just sit their and talk on ooc, don't even step outside.
So from now on just post your ideas or something. People bashing other peoples ideas never gets anything done.
Ex Trans Professor
Former Strange Past
Current Weird Present
The Future appears Odd

Odd Future

And Sev I love the territory idea. Just something for clan members and future clan members to strive for.
Ex Trans Professor
Former Strange Past
Current Weird Present
The Future appears Odd

Murrawhip

Can people please stop with the pointless aggression. It doesn't help the topic at hand.

Rotem

I don't think it's either Aurors or DEs fault, I'll start with that. To prove this arguement I'll ask the following question: What is the purpose of clans?

If you answer that question with: "PvP, fighting, clans are all about fighting", then I will ask what can we supply the non fighters who want to be in clans, harry potter isn't all about voldemort, not all events are fighting related, I'm sure we can conjure more activities for clans that aren't all about fighting.

If the answer to my question is "There isn't any goal", then clearly should we should create some goals.

Either way, I don't think the blame is on either Aurors or Deatheaters, we could certainly focus on being creative and adding new things to clans.

Skystone

What Rotem said, and may I make a suggestion to that.

I suggest making world events happen in the game that could change the game in certain ways on how it's played.

That being said, I believe that the clans need to work towards something. People have said new clan rooms. This is good yes, but mapping is tough and Murra can't work solely on clans every month a clan gets x amount of points to buy a new room.

So instead how about we have:

• Secrets in the ministry. Anything can go here, hall of prophecies, time chamber. Will need icons and coding.
  • Secret shipment of whatever (basically info is distributed about a shipment of eyes to one of the clans, the clan that is getting the shipment must make sure the info doesn't get leaked because it contains information on where it will be distributed and when as well as a password and a password reset (changes the password to whatever they wish). If the shipment clan successfully defends their shipment they will get whatever that was in the shipment. If they lose then the other clan gets the shipment fairly. Would require coding.
  • Magical Items, a unique magical item randomly spawns somewhere on the map. The clans have a little clue as to where it is (different clues for the different clans) would require icons and coding for the different items. [/il]
Usually events give out prizes, these events however will give some sort of power to the person who finds it. Whether it be an eye, a special wand, or a nice new spell.

If anyone else can help me with some ideas I will happily put them on this list. :)

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

I don't really want expandable HQs, people always think it's cool to have your own house, your own vault, your own HQ, let's build and expand, it's so freakin' cool.

But let's face reality for a second:, TWC has a huge map and people call it small, we got completely personal vaults it's like houses and they still ask for student housing.

When they ask for student housing, they don't ask for anything like vaults but for the old student housing that had limited houses noone really ever walked into. Pointless space.

I'm just going to claim that just like HQs were hardly used and are hardly used right now and just like many other things are not used, so will the HQ expansions, people want bigger map because they think it's cool but it has no point or purpose.

You might as well have a scoreboard and be done with it, after all it's all about who has the bigger HQ, it's all about size, that is the goal you think clans should go after.

When it comes down to it, I would prefer using the space we already have and give it a purpose before we add pointless space:

• We could do terrority wars, ability for clans to claim ownership over a certain place. Of course there'd be limitions and cooldowns so there's no fighting 24/7 over that area.
  • Clan Wars could be automatic and/or started by the clans themselves, as with terrority wars we could have cooldowns and protections so it isn't occuring 24/7. The breakable HQ doors suggestion comes in mind, I'm still certain we could make fun things with clans while keeping the interests of those who like to fight and those who don't.
  • As for non fighting events, there's capture the flag item we could use to come up with creative new events, perhaps event types or actions that doesn't require pvp. Trivia, treasure hunts, quests, the possiblities are endless, all we got to do is come up with something that isn't shitty. Few of the ideas Skystone suggested for those events could actually work, perhaps as automated events.

Amy

Actually, I've been asking for student housing to be like the vault system.

Maybe have a way to buy furniture? I would totally convert my vault into a house XP

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan