a change in momentum????

Started by Odd Future, September 18, 2013, 05:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odd Future

Sooooo I've been thinking, considering the Aurors couldn't duel their way out of a bowl of pudding.. Hogwarts should be over run by the Death Eaters.
Maybe then will the Aurors step their game up or something.
Cause at the moment activity is at a low... close to how it was before it shut down.
A way for them to gain back control?
Either house wars or have a tally of points during a school raid but this time the Aurors would be raiding this school of dark magic.
Let me know your thoughts!!!!
Ex Trans Professor
Former Strange Past
Current Weird Present
The Future appears Odd

DuhCosmicApple

This sounds like a really fun idea and *just in case spoiler* it reminds me of hogwarts in the Deathly Hallows. Was that what the idea was kind of aimed at?
NOT JIMBLES

Emerald

They won't up their game, they'll just all hide in their HQ until the DE get bored and leave.

DuhCosmicApple

Quote from: Leah on September 18, 2013, 07:50:49 PM
They won't up their game, they'll just all hide in their HQ until the DE get bored and leave.
I'm sure that at least a few will do some actual fun, but, I can see why this can be believed o.o
NOT JIMBLES

Odd Future

Well kinda it would be a good rp for the game.
But mainly I just want action, but since there's men Auror its hard to have it :/
Ex Trans Professor
Former Strange Past
Current Weird Present
The Future appears Odd

Severus

Before i left there was a huge period of Auror activity.  We used to queue for DE fights and a lot of the Aurors looked like they could be decent if they had some DE experience to progress against.

There were so little DE that the Aurors went inactive. It eventually got to a stage where i had to sacrifice my own reputation and bait out DE by being a class A cunt. Sure it worked and as i left the DE looked strong again but by then it was too late the auror players were done and inactive lol.

This shits a viscious circle. One clan gets strong whilst the other is inactive, then they go inactive and suddenly the other clan gets strong again. It's also difficult to encourage Aurors to stay and play to be active when the majority of the game prefer DE and give the Aurors a load of shit for being "the good guys"; if you want a rise in standard I suggest you'd stop telling them how their clan is a mess and allow them to develop without feeling constantly demotivated. Its like asking someone who cant cook to bake a cake and then saying that their first try was woeful and thats how you'll forever judge them. That shit aint right, let em develop, encourage their progression and sure enough you'll have a standard opposition.

The idea itself is good though. If you think the problem lies with Auror quality then maybe balance this idea on whether it will further demotivate or begin to motivate.

Odd Future

So you suggest we host an Auror pick-me-up party? And tell them they doing great and we appreciate them?
That won't work...
Prime example: most of you know Julian, do you think the people who motivated him to become who he is
  now in game cause they encouraged him? No they kicked the living shit out of him until he got tired of it. Kyo killa and j did the same to me.
If you keep getting brought down and down and down, you can only rise up.
Something needs to be done or it'll be just 10 players on  and they'll be forced to hire me as a GM again cause no one is left.... if I'm GM you know the times are tough.
And highly doubt at anytime after the re open the aurors were better than the DE.
Anyways I wasn't looking to debate who is right or wrong OE better just looking for some change and ideas.
Ex Trans Professor
Former Strange Past
Current Weird Present
The Future appears Odd

Amy

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Severus

That's the way I was brought through too but look at how I turned out? Cocky, arrogant, boastful, resentful, spiteful - then that made a generation of people like me. Everyone has an unhealthy ego that is probably the underlying factor as to why clans are more personal battles than they are clan ones. There's way too much ego going around because we all craved to be some guy at the top. So perhaps an alternate approach to our future generations may benefit huh?

But thus I agree with you. Some change would be great and I'm interested to see what everyone's thinking of.

Amy

Sev, you aren't even supposed to be involved anymore from what I've heard... xP

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Severus

Oh yeah I've done my thing and left but I still care about clan movements. After all, I did do a fuck load of work for the Auror clan - guess they're kinda routed in to Severus.

I was thinking for this post that perhaps there could be some kind of territorial element added? Clans could takeover certain spots and host/fight over them and have some kind of gain from occupying them. Perhaps a certain amount of kills from robed members in that area defines the owner - unsure which privileges/advantages that may bring. Idk, play around with the idea see what interest you all.

Edit: I was going to try and peacefully leave this post but your comment got to me, Amy. Who the fuck are you to tell me where I stand? I'm sorry, but I've done more for the Aurors than you ever will. The fact you currently have any opportunity at Aurorship is a result of my actions. Don't degrade me on here like I have no say on the very thing I carried on my back by myself for too long. I worked hard spending hours and hours of my time training young new players out of pure goodness when it looked as though the Aurors would just flop - twice. I provided hope, stability and promise so that people like you now have the chance to be trained and are paid attention to when before you may not have had a second look in. I think that grants me some rights in voicing an opinion on potential future clan developments - regardless of my status of activity. If you wish to discuss this further with me you can PM me or add me on Skype at SeverusApe where I'll happily rant about why your comment is disrespectful as shit.
Apologies in advance for derailing the subject.

Amy

the 'XP' was there for a reason sev. keep your ego down a bit, huh?

Edit: No need to further it either btw. I really couldn't care less about what you posted in your edit XP

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

DuhCosmicApple

Easy, this is Odd's suggestion post o.o
But honestly, if Aurors were to be more active, this would fit In. Sure, a majority are offline, but this can KIND OF work...
NOT JIMBLES

Amy

It won't be an immediate thing either. You have to build to keep activity constant. Otherwise we have what happened a few weeks ago (lots of aurors on, then all of a sudden - none or 1 or 2..maybe).

We are moving into the school year though. So keep that in mind for lack of activity of players. Especially around 3 weeks into each month (that's where my professors test most) so I end up studying most the week before.

I like the idea of territorial stuff. Makes sense, right? Aurors used to raid DE HQ, DE's raid Auror HQ... why not move it to a larger part of the game.

^ this does bring up problems for students who aren't involved in this at all (though I guess if you're in the game you're involved somewhat)... would hogwarts still be a safe place or would they have to make a sort of emergency lock down kind of thing? what would the limits be?

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Sara

Quote from: Odd Future on September 18, 2013, 05:36:39 PM
Cause at the moment activity is at a low... close to how it was before it shut down.
You're forgetting one thing. The activity isn't that low. You just happen to log on the game when people are busy. There are other DEs and players who see a bunch of Aurors do things. Don't start judging on the fact that just because you log in and see hardly any of them means that the Aurors are inactive. Time zones buddy. That's all I gotta say.