A place just like silverblood but better

Started by angey4477, May 30, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angey4477

Call it Golden Blood!  and have monsters that you cant have a high enough defense against to be immune...but have a heck of a payout with the monsters that stacks on the number of monsters you slay.  and none of this one way through thing... vast expanses so its actually difficult to cap the monsters of this madness. 

Brett Black

I'm actually glad you brought this up. I am certainly for this suggestion, as I have been thinking of something along the lines of what you stated.

This would definitely provide a challenge for all players, and minister another way to increase your revenue on the game. Maybe even bring a few quests into the picture.

The map(s) would be colossal.
There would be 4 monstrous maps, such as the desert maps. Except, each map would be filled with a different monster. You would enter the map from the bottom, and work your way to the top. The 4 maps would serve as hierarchy, meaning the first map you come across would be filled with the easier monsters, then you work your way up. As you work your way up the ladder, the amount of gold and experience you gain becomes greater. While the monsters become damn near impossible to kill/get past.

As said before, this would provide a challenge for all players. So, getting to the end of all 4 maps would be practically impossible. (I'm not saying that maybe, for once, students of Hogwarts could work together to find their way to the end of the maps.) -cough-

If this idea is to come through, we need to come up with the names of the monsters, their icons, HP/DMG stat, etc.
So far, I can think of dragons, NPC DE, and werewolves. Unless we wanted to look at segregating each map into a certain "category". Silverblood offers lava, water, and the sky.
-Dragons could represent a sky-like atmosphere.
-NPC DE could represent a very dark, ruin-type atmosphere.
-Werewolves would be a forest area, where hidden werewolves can pop out of the trees, and there is quicksand, etc.

Feedback people!

Rotem

I wouldn't think those maps need to be too big, just making forest / desert useful would be awesome.

If we could have monster areas by level, smaller yet with a bit more quantity, forest is just gigantic and so is the desert, it's too big and doesn't have that much purpose.

Perhaps even add some clan PVE and have Auror/DE NPCs stationed in certain areas, perhaps a clan would be able to take over an area to have a clan related NPC spawn in that area but I suppose that should be another suggestion.

After we've made the current maps more useful, we can add more quest areas with more monsters, perhaps a dynamic quest system that works like "Kill x number of NPC for y reward." or "find x herb/flower in y enviorment" but I suppose that should be another suggestion too...

I think I get too many ideas just thinking about this idea, it's hard to focus on one thing.

Brett Black

It's just a suggestion. I'm sure people would love the challenge of having to work their way through such a massive area.

In my opinion, I think we should just remove the desert. It serves no purpose at all other than another spot to farm barely any gold when people constantly farm SB for hours. The pyramid shows no use, there are barely any monsters in each map compared to what it used to be like, and it isn't even worth it to farm the desert for gold. Might as well just take it out?

As for the dark forest, we could always revamp the map into an actual dark forest. I have suggested this before and was provided with an argument along the lines of how the making of the dark forest represents a lot of history, so let's not ruin it...
If it were to be revamped, we could add wider areas, dark screen icons, and pop up animals. In the movies, the forest was forbidden of entry by any student of Hogwarts because of how dangerous it was. You can be a level 50 with Inflamari and survive going through that whole forest. Wider areas would even provide better PvP spots.

I understand where you are coming from, Rotem. I feel the same way, but those definitely would go into a whole new suggestion post.

Skystone

Quote from: Rotem on May 30, 2013, 08:58:35 PM
I wouldn't think those maps need to be too big, just making forest / desert useful would be awesome.

If we could have monster areas by level, smaller yet with a bit more quantity, forest is just gigantic and so is the desert, it's too big and doesn't have that much purpose.

Perhaps even add some clan PVE and have Auror/DE NPCs stationed in certain areas, perhaps a clan would be able to take over an area to have a clan related NPC spawn in that area but I suppose that should be another suggestion.

After we've made the current maps more useful, we can add more quest areas with more monsters, perhaps a dynamic quest system that works like "Kill x number of NPC for y reward." or "find x herb/flower in y enviorment" but I suppose that should be another suggestion too...

I think I get too many ideas just thinking about this idea, it's hard to focus on one thing.

I approve of Rotem's comment  :D

We don't need such a big area for the new map. If anything we need it to be roughly the same size of Silverblood and put it in layers like a standard dungeon. Perhaps at the end of the dungeon is a new boss monster, who knows. Either way, I like the idea.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Brett Black

Murrawhip

The problem with 'making monsters that you cant have a high enough defense against to be immune' is that it's not really that easy with TWC.

In TWC you are either going to be easily obliterated by a monster, or you're going to easily obliterate the monster. There's not much middle ground. This is due to our attacking system not being like normal RPGs wherein you hit the monster, it hits you, over and over - and it can be determined with a lot of accuracy by the code whether you will win or not.

It's something we've thought about resolving in the past, but it's not very easy.