Debate Club!

Started by riku131, March 30, 2015, 09:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riku131

I was thinking why not have a debate activity inside the game? Of course since we would be typing and not  speaking, a word count and a time limit would need to be set to write arguments. We can easily have this set up in American Parliamentary style of debate where there are 3 types of resolutions policy, factual, and value. Policy resolution ex. "The united states federal government should fund another Harry Potter movie". Ex. Factual "TWC is the greatest game in the world". Value "Should Rotem be the master of the universe?". There would be 2 sides "The Ministry of Magic" and "The Opposition". It could easily be made into a 2v2 or a 1v1. I think this activity will make TWC players more social with each other, and it will be really fun. If this interests anyone tell me and I will go more in depth into how the activity should be done and how it can be balanced. 

Another thing we can also do is an event every week, where an Admin will listen to every suggestion/feedback/complaint that every player (that shows up) has and give them a reason why or why not it can or cannot be done.

These are just some suggestions I think we can do without having to add extra things into the game. A debate class can be set up in the schedule and people can get spell points for participating, or a title "Master Debater" would be pretty funny.
Let me know what you guys think.

Skystone

Quote from: riku131 on March 30, 2015, 09:50:24 PM
I was thinking why not have a debate activity inside the game? Of course since we would be typing and not  speaking, a word count and a time limit would need to be set to write arguments. We can easily have this set up in American Parliamentary style of debate where there are 3 types of resolutions policy, factual, and value. Policy resolution ex. "The united states federal government should fund another Harry Potter movie". Ex. Factual "TWC is the greatest game in the world". Value "Should Rotem be the master of the universe?". There would be 2 sides "The Ministry of Magic" and "The Opposition". It could easily be made into a 2v2 or a 1v1. I think this activity will make TWC players more social with each other, and it will be really fun. If this interests anyone tell me and I will go more in depth into how the activity should be done and how it can be balanced. 

Another thing we can also do is an event every week, where an Admin will listen to every suggestion/feedback/complaint that every player (that shows up) has and give them a reason why or why not it can or cannot be done.

These are just some suggestions I think we can do without having to add extra things into the game. A debate class can be set up in the schedule and people can get spell points for participating, or a title "Master Debater" would be pretty funny.
Let me know what you guys think.

This sounds good, but I'm pretty sure we already do this for fun.

In all seriousness, this sounds like a pretty good idea. It would give people another thing to do on TWC other than duel and it would help people make better decisions as well as give them a stronger opinion on topics.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor