TWC Upcoming Summer Update

Started by Rotem, June 01, 2015, 06:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotem

Hi,

It's that magic time where spring prepares to give way to summer; a time for fun in the sun, vacations, friends, and of course... for Rotem to copy paste some other game's update message and announce a brand new update for TWC.

We at TWC are pleased to announce we have a new budget given by our brand new owners because of this TWC will become 3D and you can now jump on people's heads and they will be squashed into a wearable item or at least that's what would've happened if we did get a budget but since we're still poor and this is just a joke you'll probably have to do with new earmuffs.

Wait, earmuffs? I don't even have earmuffs, pfft another prize I won't get. You're wrong! Old and new items are going to be added inside chests because of the nature of chests they're going to be available to the public far more easily. One of the next update's goals is to add a ton of new items, this also means old items become more accessible as new items reduce the rarity of old items. Justin already added a bunch of new earmuffs, there's more items planned but I won't reveal something we haven't added yet.

Another big goal for this update would be the beginning of a new clan era. The era of Deatheaters and Aurors will come to conclusion with one of them reigning supreme (Whichever clan has more points will be declared winner for the era), there's no prizes for this only bragging rights. As Deatheaters disappear many other shady characters decided to say hey and throw avada at people's faces. Those mysterious individuals will start to earn fame until in a later update they'll be allowed to make a guild and thus their own clan. (For now the clan experience is going to be individual-progression and sometimes in a dark vs light war but clan chats for example are going byebye, we don't see a need for them knowing guilds will be added).

For those of you who don't know me yet, I reward people who actually do shit, if you plan to wait around for guilds you'll find out you can't start a guild if you're a bloody nobody who didn't make a name for themselves in this next update. Guilds are just an extra fun way to group up with other players, the actual clan content will be added this next update. This includes new clan robes, toggle-able hidden ID for both clans, clan related quests and more.

A lot of suggestions can be re-visited with the new clans. This should be noted.

My third goal and in my opinion the most important goal would be tutorials, I want to add new quests that will provide introduction to new players, the plan is to also attach pathfinding to those quests, I don't see why we'd link new players to forum guides or make their lives any harder than it should be. I also don't see why I'd subject new players to shitty habits old players have. Leveling on books is not the fastest way yet a lot would recommend it to new players resulting in new players just leaving when instead they could use monsters to get to level cap pretty quickly.

With tutorials and clan quests there'd be a lot of content to make me confident enough that a player can log in and have a ton of fun until he reaches end-game. It's very important.

Aside from this and the bug fixes and balances the only other change worth noting is the whole new castle map that Ben did. Justin even went ahead and decided we're getting new woodenfloor, I believe y'all are going to hate us terribly when you log in and realize your AFK zone doesn't look like anything you're used to but hey! I DON'T REALLY CARE. #BeenShovingUpdatesDownYourThroatSinceFeb2014 (Oh yea, it's already been way over a year since TWC was open sourced).

For those of you who are banned but actually want to play TWC during the summer, I'm not Murrawhip and I am not going to wipe the ban list clean, if you want to be unbanned you'd have to message me directly and I'll decide then. There's simply a bunch of people that we saw getting re-banned whenever Murrawhip wiped the ban list and I don't care enough to watch Justin smite them all down yet again.

Rotem

I gave GMs permission to hold old clan wars whenever they want, you've been warned. With the announcement of new clans coming this next update I don't really care much if GMs would try to boost activity and celebrate, it's very possible you won't get a chance to play 'old clan wars' again. I've yet to try and re-purpose it to the new clans if the task is determined as too complicated it'll simply be thrown in the trash.

With that being said all your biased complaints just because X GM wanted to do Y clan event will also be thrown at the trash. (After a careful review that will most likely determine you yourself are biased as it was with 70% of all complaints ever thrown at GMs for abusing their position for clans. Not a single GM ever abused to get in a clan HQ, get over it.)

Skystone

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Ocean

Sounds cool. I personally look forward to a new look for Hogwarts, as well as guilds.
Die for a friend, and you're a good man. Die for a stranger, and you're a great man. Die for those who spit on you, and you're something men don't understand.

Christ is with me.