TWC 16.14

Started by Murrawhip, December 13, 2014, 03:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murrawhip

Hey ya'lllllll,

We just did some pretty cool updates to our server. Double the RAM, double the CPU, and now our database and your savefiles are on an SSD. No moar bitching about lag spikes mmkay!?

We're also updating TWC's BYOND version from 498 to 507 - this is a pretty significant upgrade and will hopefully yield some fancy animation effects in the future. It also gives us BYOND's new web-client support, but please note that we don't /currently/ support it. If it's working shitty for you, just switch to dreamseeker.

Unfortunately this update might mean that you need to update your own version of BYOND. The latest version can always be found here: http://www.byond.com/download/

We're also updating TWC with Rotem's latest build. Changelog is here: http://wizardschronicles.com/?ver=16.14

Rotem

I've removed a few of the unlogged bans, some of you that were banned can now log in.

Vanchi

Meh I thought LionelL was going to be unbanned
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Lucifer

Awesome thanks for the update. I hope the web client works fine on mobile when it's finalized. Would be so cool to play TWC on my phone. Even if the functionality was just to chat and walk around for classes or whatever.
Current
TWC DJ

Former
Hufflepuff Quidditch Cpt (2008)
Hufflepuff Prefect (2008)
Transfiguration Professor (2008)
Administrator (2009)
Dueling Instructor (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Spitfire

I tried using the webclient, it's cool but like you said how we don't support it, I'll enjoy it more with possible future support! It's just annoying how it's like a lot of moving around with the keypad and then the view being like if you had it opened in dreamseeker on a desktop, will love when it's very friendly design! FUTURE IS OP

Both ain't new but will do!

Rotem

Quote from: Vanchi on December 13, 2014, 06:17:46 AM
Meh I thought LionelL was going to be unbanned

LionelL was a complete troll last time he played and voted 0 interest in wanting to play the game for real. If he has any interest in actually playing I'd expect a reply from him himself and some comment made by you here.

Casimir

I know you don't currently support the web-client version but how would I go about accessing it?

Rotem

The webclient is actually running pretty smooth, I'd say there's small bugs here and there but mostly the biggest problem I could notice is lack of macro support, so while this allows mac users to join TWC without virtualbox, we'd have to add some in-game way to macro spells to also allow webclient users to fight.

Murrawhip

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=180952&page=11#comment13184781

Wheee - guess I'll need to spend some time redoing our website soon.

Sponge

Why wouldn't TWC's web client be working for me? Says it is unavailable, have tried it on multiple browsers.

Zachie

The webclient seems to be down for all games.

Current: Deputy Headmaster
EX: Head TWC Radio DJ
Ex: GM/Admin Hybrid
Ex: Professor(GCOM, COMC, Off-Peak)
Ex: Head Auror

Spitfire

Both ain't new but will do!

DuhCosmicApple

NOT JIMBLES