TWC 16.12 Update Highlights

Started by Rotem, October 26, 2014, 12:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotem

Hi there the common TWCer,

You're probably wondering what's new in this update but you don't really want to read the changelog or perhaps you're wondering about certain new things and the changelog isn't providing you with enough information, this post will shed some light on a few of the latest's update cool changes.

New and recolored items: Justin went ahead and added a lot of clothing items as well as recolored some, there's light and dark versions of most icons and a lot of new wigs too.

Titles: You can now change your rank in who using title objects, some titles drop from random events, some items can be bought in artifact salesman shop. There's also Slayer titles that have a tiny chance to drop from any monster, for example, if you slaughter Basilisk enough times it will drop "Basilisk Slayer" title. Of course there's also the option to create custom titles by GMs in special events.
(Non boss monsters in monster invasion do not drop titles)

Random Events: There's about 5 events, each event has 10% to occur every 1 to 3 hours, most events are pretty straight forward. I'm not sure whether events are too frequent or not, I'd love feedback on the random events.

Monster invasion is probably the most special random event we currently have, there are 7 tiers of monsters, going from level 100 to 700, the tier controls the quality of prizes as well, Trolls being the highest tier drop the best prizes.

There's about 50 to 100 monsters + one boss monster who has double level, more power than normal monsters and to top it off, it can move and attack faster.

The boss monster has 100% chance to drop prizes, lamps, lamps (lamps you can't buy), titles and even prize tickets. I chose to have prize tickets to still allow admins to monitor what prizes are given but you can definitely win items without a GM hosting events now.

Weather: The most noticeable change other than the fact it's automated is the clouds, we're unsure whether we'll keep the clouds, feedback can help on that. Other than that it's important to note that you do double damage in acid rain and there's a damage reduction when it snows.

P.S. Just a reminder, prom changeroom is toggled on right now as there is a costume contest for Halloween.

Full changelog here.