Feedback

Started by Rotem, August 30, 2016, 07:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotem

I've got fed up with having to confront each of you one at a time whining at how cold hearted bigot I am who just wants to make the game hard or ruin whatever.

I always get the "there's a group of people who think this but I'm the one standing up for them because you won't listen to them.", well, now's your time! In this post I want to see the feedback you've all been holding back from me, I want the coveted gold. I've been adding features left and right and obviously things needs balancing, some things might work and some might not.

This lack of debate, opinion, feedback, it's bad. So here we gather to collect our opinions, to improve the game. Put our ideas to positive use, instead of seething. I can't keep having to deal with complaints instead of feedback as if I've personally looked out to harm someone.

I sit there for hours writing code, legit hundred hours spent to developing the game, do you really think my intention is to harm the game?
It's time you had your voice heard, it's time I heard you, what you think, how you think something should be.

Few things to consider when posting:

• Consider that you're not speaking for everyone, there's many opinions out there. I have to weigh them all and decide, I have the knowledge of how it goes behind scenes, my decision is based off a lot more information than what is available to you. Your job is to make sure /your opinion/ is part of that information.
  • Consider that you are wrong, simply put, sometimes we all are. Although, sometimes we meet half way.
  • Provide as much details as possible, I will not fill gaps.
  • People have a habit of pointing out what's wrong without offering alternatives like I'm supposed to know it all and how to fix it, here's some news, no I don't know what the hell to do about it, why don't you help me come up with a solution?

Results:

• Added a new function to auto classes that delays the class if teaching started in last 2 minutes, it'll continue to delay indefinitely as long as someone new enters.
  • Added potions hud icon at the top left of the screen that will indicate the potion still runs it's course.
  • Crafting greater orbs now carry over the average usage percent of the 2 minor orbs, you'll still get more exp out of them, just won't feel the need to use them down to 1% before crafting a greater.
  • GM Give Prize verb now gives keys instead of chests.

Justin

[DADA Professor] Federico : Welcome students to DADA class. Today you will be learning about the spell Aqua Eructo.
[DADA Professor] Federico : When I'm done explaining the spell, please come to me and take a practice wand, use that wand to practice the spell until you've learned it. Of course if you already have a practice wand of another spell, you will not be able to get another.
[DADA Professor] Federico : This spell does not use MP for each use. It requires a wand.
DADA class has ended.

^ Kinda pissed me off. If atleast one player is detected that it can teach then I think it should delay ending the class instead of the what it does now. It basically told me a few things then said "Fuck Off" and left. @:

Ben

When we drink potions, such as taming potions, luck potions etc.. can we have something that lets us know how long is left? I'm always worried that I've missed the expiration message during all of my farming but I don't want to waste another potion incase I'm wrong.

Vanchi

When your pet isn't close to you it can go over walls like in the entrance to the toilets. It isn't a big deal but it takes away from the realism.

Also I think orbs should have something that lets you know how long is left too, because a lot of the times when I wanted my orb to stop at like 5% durability I screwed it up because of all the farming text in the chat.
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Aaron titan

change library map :D make it have restricted section, look like movie library, etc... make floors look dark at night, add lumos (maxima version being better than the normal lumos)...

Vanchi

Quote from: Vanchi on August 31, 2016, 01:19:18 PM
When your pet isn't close to you it can go over walls like in the entrance to the toilets. It isn't a big deal but it takes away from the realism.

Also I think orbs should have something that lets you know how long is left too, because a lot of the times when I wanted my orb to stop at like 5% durability I screwed it up because of all the farming text in the chat.

I went and made simple hud icons that indicate the peace and chaos orbs being used, if you don't like them feel free to change them.

Rotem

I've removed my previous reply, instead I'll be running a results list at the top post, please try to post as few replies as possible to avoid clutter, I don't want to miss anything. For example, you can group both your replies Vanchi.

Quote from: Aaron titan on August 31, 2016, 01:28:51 PM
change library map :D make it have restricted section, look like movie library, etc... make floors look dark at night, add lumos (maxima version being better than the normal lumos)...

There's nothing wrong with the library, the restricted section is too restricted for you to access.

As for Lumos, it exists, Lumos Maxima exists too. I can't currently expand Lumos due to people running 509.

Let's talk about white screen and 509 for a second, lighting/lumos/darkness is using a new feature in 510, the white screen is a result of light not blending, you see white aka the light. In 510, that light blends with darkness resulting in normal view. You no longer get to see light or darkness if you connect with 509, you get about 2 texts telling you about it and GMs are also informed when you log in.

I can't risk losing players over white screen, I had hoped that once 510 becomes stable people will update but it's been over a month and I still see 509 commonly used. I don't exactly understand why BYOND lets you connect to 510 with 509 but I'll have to tolerate it, as a result, Lumos will not be expanded and will be on hold, features like using darkness and light in Hogwarts or other places would have to wait, probably until 511.

Quote from: Vanchi on August 31, 2016, 01:32:22 PM
I went and made simple hud icons that indicate the peace and chaos orbs being used, if you don't like them feel free to change them.
They're wearables, you don't get any hud icon for a scarf or even a lamp. Adding a potions hud is 1/0 deal, if the icon is there, potion in effect. For orbs durability or lamp time, you get a "time left". I'd need a different graphical effect and I don't quite want to do a clock on screen for lamps. (*Because I'm lazy)

Rotem

Pets are not dense and go over walls to avoid any conflicts, blocks or the like. Adding density and path finding to them would be too complicated and expensive.

Vanchi

Chests are too hard to open, people can argue with me all day long but yes they are hard to open. Currently most of the events will give you a basic chest. This chest can be oppened with the basic key that you get from either Eyes, Wisps, Willy or Bubbles. Do you think a newbie can kill any of the listed monsters? Say a newbie wins the lottery or a FFA and gets basic chest or even a more uncommon chest, how are they going to get their prize? This is why most of the newbies run around naked without any item on them. My suggestion is add keys to the chests in the common prize pool which are Basic Chest, Wizard Chest, Pentakill Chest, Prom Chest and Summer Chest, this will make things a bit more balanced and fun. People will start opening chests more often and be more happy with the prize they get from the events.

Vanchi

Another suggestion is removing wigs altogether and letting us choose a hair color from an RGB palette. Would make most people satisfied