Unable to Connect

Started by Ultima Kage, May 31, 2011, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultima Kage

I don't know if this is the right section for this but it's a problem I need help with. I am unable to connect to TWC on my schools network connection. I know it's their fault and theres probably nothing that can be done on TWC's end, but theres no harm in trying right? I'm just curious if anyone can think of a way to get on from here, whatever I need to do. I can play any other Byond game but TWC, it's unfortunate. But if someone could help me find a way to connect it would be greatly apprciated.
Thank you,
Ultima Kage                   

"Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure."

Proud Ravenclaw, 7th Year.
Ex TWC Radio Staff; DJ Kage
Ex Auror

Ouch

Just out of curiosity, are you gaming on your school desktop? Bad boy! Do your work! ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rotem

Can you supply more details?
Why can't you connect TWC?

Does it say connection failed or simply 'Connecting to [address]...'

Murrawhip

Quote from: Ultima Kage on May 31, 2011, 12:22:27 PM
I don't know if this is the right section for this but it's a problem I need help with. I am unable to connect to TWC on my schools network connection. I know it's their fault and theres probably nothing that can be done on TWC's end, but theres no harm in trying right? I'm just curious if anyone can think of a way to get on from here, whatever I need to do. I can play any other Byond game but TWC, it's unfortunate. But if someone could help me find a way to connect it would be greatly apprciated.
Thank you,
Ultima Kage                   

IIRC, some parts of Microsoft Exchange Server use the same port as TWC (6001) so if your school network had its own mail server (I thought school email addresses in America were governed by a standardized body by this point?) then you might experience some issues.
Do you have admin access to the computer you're using?

Ultima Kage

Is there a way to fiegn admin acsess on a desktop? I can do pretty much anything with it other than .cmd so if there is a way tell me how and ill do it, that can be my first step.

Ex Auror

Ultima Kage

Quote from: Ultima Kage on June 01, 2011, 12:25:23 PM
Is there a way to fiegn admin acsess on a desktop? I can do pretty much anything with it other than .cmd so if there is a way tell me how and ill do it, that can be my first step.
"Feign" (I must lern2grammer) lol

Ex Auror

Ultima Kage

Ex Auror

Murrawhip

I don't think it's a good idea for me to teach people how to hax their school computers. <.<
Try connecting direct to byond.wizardschronicles.com:6001

Ultima Kage

Ex Auror

Murrawhip

No, BYOND.
File > Open Location

Kozu

School emails are setup only on the district computers, not at the schools themselves, except for a few special cases. But since each school's internet should be going through the district, there is a high probability of them having many ports blocked or in current use.
<(T-T)> weee!!! <(^-^)>