II. Character Creation
III. Leveling, Books and Stat Training
IV. Classes and Learning Spells
V. Dueling and Duel Conduct
VI. Events and The Event Shop
VII. FAQs
VIII. Useful Links
IX. Notes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. Introduction
Alright, I know there are guides everywhere on the forums for things, but since I have no life, I decided to try to create a more in-depth guide. This gude will cover all the basic functions of the game, but will try to go a tad bit deeper than the other guides do. Comments, corrections, and other feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks =P
To skip to a certain section of the guide, Press Ctrl+F, and paste the exact text from the Table of Contents to jump to.

II. Character Creation
After logging in to TWC, you will see the login screen. I'm sure everyone has already made some sort of character, so I'm going to jump past the part where you enter your name and pick a house to be placed in.
Now, once you finish creating your character, you should spawn in Diagon Alley. Directly to the left of you is Tom's Bar, Directly in front of you is the shops in Diagon Ally, and the green fire places is the floo network that will take you to Hogsmead.
Since you're a new character, we need to get you a wand. Head north into Diagon Ally and keep walking until the very end. At that point you will see Gringotts Wizard Bank. Withdrawl 100 Gold from your vault.
Now that you've got the gold needed to purchase a wand from Ollivander, head south again and enter the last shop on the right. Speak to Olivander and purchase a wand from him. You will need this wand for most spells that you learn in the game.
Please note, everyone gets the same wand. No other wand is more powerful. The only difference is that the types of wands are different.
Now that you have received your wand, you may head to hogwarts. If you go through the green fire places, you will enter Hogsmead. Follow the path to the right a few steps, then follow that road all the way north until you hit the cross roads. To the left is the Forbidden Forest, to the right is the Pixie Pit and the Quidditch Pitch. Head North into Hogwarts. Be careful! Watch out for players dueling!

III. Leveling, Books and Stat Training
Leveling can be a repetitive procedure. There are two main methods that are used to level in TWC.
Reading books would be the main method for training and getting levels. Certain books give more experience than others per read, so make sure you read the highest possible book. Since you are just starting out, I would read books for the main method of training. The books you can read depend on your level, and you can check which book to read by visiting the official TWC Book Guide here: http://forum.wizardschronicles.com/index.php?topic=18.0
Stat training is another popular method for training. You automatically start with 10 stat points. After that you have to go earn them. You get more stat points when you fight monsters. How many you get does NOT depend on a level up. While you fight monsters you will have a chance to get stat points. After a while you should get a new verb under commands called, 'Use Stat points'. You can keep adding the stat points you earned until you run out of stat points and the verb disappears.

Certain stats increase damage with different spells. Here I will explain those stats.
HP - MP - Magic - Speed - Strength - Defense
HP: Health determines how many times you can be hit by a spell before dieing. Having high HP means lasting longer against attacks.
MP: Mana Points determines how many spells you can cast before you need to meditate. Also note that some spells need more MP than others, and you will have to have enough max MP to cast it.
Magic: Determines the damage of certain spells. Such as Glacius.
Speed: Determines the damage of certain spells based on speed. Such as Waddiwasi.
Strength: Determines the amount of damage you do with Strength based spells. Such as tremorio.
Defense: Determines how much damage a NPC Monsters can do to you. The formula is: NPC's Strength - Players Defense = Damage done per hit. (Thanks to Demonic for clarifying the damage and formula.)
As a side note, A spell that is based on the Magic/Speed/Strength stats do the same amount of damage of the stat. For example, if my magic stat was 1000, then my Glacius would do 1000 damage per hit.

IV. Classes and Learning Spells
'How do I learn spells?'. That is usually everyone's first question. The answer is simple.
To learn spells in TWC, you will need to attend classes when they are announced by Staff members. Also known as Teachers. You can check the general time frame of when classes will be held by checking the class schedule which can be found using the command under the 'Commands' tab.
The teachers times are not always started on the hour it says. Often times classes will begin within the stated time frames.
Asking for classes is annoying for both Staff and Players. Everyone here has some sort of personal life. Just wait until they begin and don't go begging for classes. This is one thing Teachers hate.
When you get to class, take a seat and wait for the specific Teachers rules. They variy amoung the staff member. Remember, going to class is a privilege, not a right.

V. Dueling and Duel Conduct
Dueling is one of the great things about TWC. It's not as easy as it sounds, and requires practice.
There are two 'Main' types of Duels.
There is the Formal Duel, Where one would duel another in an arena. With an agreement on the rules of the duel. The standard rules generally state that Projectiles are the only spells allowed, with the addition of depulso. Targeting spells, and Imobilization spells may help you win, but at the price of the respect that others have for you. Someone who wins a duel that takes skill rather than a auto hit spell makes way better impressions than those who use spells that stun and auto hits without aim. In fact, those people are refered to as noobs, So I suggest practicing and dueling properly.
The other 'Main' type of duel is what I call a Free Duel. People go outside of hogwarts into a kill zone, and duel with others outside. There are no rules, just fighting. You may attack at any given time as long as it is NOT in a safe zone. Once again, nobody really uses target spells outside much, since it isn't hard to defeat someone with those. People try building a reputation with good dueling practices.

VI. Events and The Event Shop
When you participate in events, you have a chance at earning event points(EPs). When you earn event points, they are added to your account in the event shop, which in turn can be spent on items in the event shop. To make a purchase, contact Rotem in game and request to purchase something. If she has time, I'm sure she'd gladly subtract the cost from your EP balance and grant you the item that you wanted.
You can sign up for an account here if you don't have one: http://rotemsstuff.zxq.net/index.php?id=register
If you do, you may Login and view what you can purchase here: http://rotemsstuff.zxq.net/index.php

VII. FAQs
Q. Where can I get a wand?
A. As stated in this guide, you can get a wand from Ollivander.
Q. How do I earn gold?
A. From killing monsters outside hogwarts.
Q. When I die I lose EXP and Gold.
A. This is a normal part of the game. Deposit gold into the bank to prevent losing it, and be careful outside of safezones.
Q. I need a staff members help! What do I do?!
A. Ask for help over OOC, if no one is there to help at the time, use the 'Help/Rules' verb and click 'Talk to a GM'.
Q. -Name Here- wont leave me alone, what can I do?
A. You can try asking them to leave you alone. If they wont and you both have different houses, go into your house common room. If nothing else will work you can always ask for a staff members help.
Q. I cant find class, where do I go?
A. You can use the class guidance system. When a class is starting you should see a small square button pop-up on your screen. Press it and it should show you the way. Or ask a staff member for help.
Q. I'm out of MP, how do I get it back?
A. Use the meditate command.
Q. I was booted by the afk checker. How can I avoid this?
A. Don't go afk while training. You NEED to be there to respond to the afk checker, otherwise it counts as a strike against you. Be sure to enter the correct information when the checker comes up, otherwise you will fail the checker and get booted.

VIII. Useful Links
The Wizards' Chronciles HUB: http://www.byond.com/games/TheWizardsChronicles/TWC
The Wizards' Chronicles Website: http://wizardschronicles.com/
The Wizards' Chronicles Forums: http://forum.wizardschronicles.com/index.php
This Guides Forum Post:

IX. Notes
I wrote this guide because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Since people still have a hard time getting started, I decided to write this for the heck of it. I will add to this is people need it, or if I find something else that I should add to the guide. Thanks for reading.
Comments and Criticism is always welcome and much appreciated.