Y u no play?

Started by Severus, November 26, 2016, 08:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severus

Thread regarding reasons why people don't play:

Please make the most brutally honest comment as to why you do not play TWC.

If it's a case of "everyone's inactive"... you are "everyone".

Comment below!

Skystone

No one talks to me when I get on. :I

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Traxicous

Honestly putting in the effort isn't worth it for me anymore. That's partially because I'm lazy, but what's the point of trying to be the best when there's no one to brag to. Having someone to compete against also makes for more fun. I had the most fun on TWC as part of the aurors competing against deatheaters. Of course there were many problems that came from that competition but it was still fun.  These days I just don't see the point of getting better items and improving my skill. That is why I no longer actively play.
-    In-game name: Brandon
                        Current:
                            Gryffindor
                            Level 750
                         Former:
                       Head Auror/Auror

Vsevolod

Because they've spoiled the game. Unfortunately.

Ben

Quote from: Vsevolod on December 19, 2016, 10:14:48 AMBecause they've spoiled the game. Unfortunately.

How did we manage that?

Massive

because its just so inactive and even when players aren't AFKED there just not talking or doing anything ^^

Ben

Quote from: Massive on December 22, 2016, 06:22:41 PMbecause its just so inactive and even when players aren't AFKED there just not talking or doing anything ^^

How is that the fault of the staff? We can host events until we're black and blue in the face but, at the end of the day, we need active members of the community to participate. The game currently has a low income of players who want to stick around for longer than a few days. The RPG community is competitive and unfortunately, in this day and age, TWC can't fight back due to it being a 2D BYOND game.

If you want to raise the player base, come online and stir up some activity and actually make an attempt to PLAY the game, rather than expecting others to play for you.

Lavenblade

Just popped in to quickly check up on any PM's I may have missed and saw this thread-

A few reasons-

First, the game lost it's nostalgic feel. It's not the same game I fell in love with as a kid.

Second, being away for so long I've pretty much lost contact with everyone except maybe a couple people. With everyone changing names and changing keys, I'm not even sure who is who anymore.

Third, It's almost 2017 and the game is dead-

Fourth, my last ban was utter crap, and I vowed I wouldn't become active again because of it. Sure, one guy turning his back on a game doesn't do anything- but over time the effect makes its mark- Especially when others do the same.

Anyways, not trying to hate just being brutally honest. Hope everyone is doing well!

Ben

So, essentially, they're all personal reasons on your half. We can't do anything to fix the way you're feeling as it's not our fault you're getting older, that's just life.

Regarding the ban, I can't find anything written down about it so I'm assuming it was a long time ago and that you're unbanned now. What players need to understand about bans is, the staff are people too and we make judgements unbiasedly to the best of our ability but at the end of the day, we are people who can make mistakes. If you really think you were unjustly treated, there's nothing from stopping you making a calm and polite thread, stating why you were unjustly banned. If you're an asshole, chances are nothing will be done and you'll remain banned until Rotem feels forgiving.

It's almost 2017 and TWC has never been a better game. It's just sad that we can't count on our older community members to keep it alive.

Lavenblade

All of it is personal issues and pretty much just due to taste and growing up. Nothing to do with the current staff. TWC may be just the game for you and I'm in no way trying to not recommend it.

I will say this is one of the strongest and longest standing communities I have seen.

EDIT: Yeah, it really does suck the older community has almost completely moved on. However, TWC will always have a special place in our hearts. A lot of us grew up with this game and it's not something that will ever be forgotten. Heck, me being here now proves that. I just had to take a peak!

Dazzler

What has happened to TWC is what has happened to Runescape.

Runescape went to EOC(Evolution of Combat) and the whole game shifted. Leading to people leaving, just like what was happening here.

To disregard this, would be dumb. Clearly. As Runescape, a large game, with a large player base had to acknowledge this and brought back Oldschool/2007scape. Leading to the players returning. Nostalgia is not something you lose as you get older. It's what you gain from age.

When I'm 70 years old, I'll still feel nostalgia from watching Harry Potter.
Proud Slytherin!
Current Hogwarts Graduate Year!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Leader of TWC Wiki's Revival Team!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Rotem

wanna bet?

Take old source, host it, gm it whatever the fuck u wanna do with it.

Get more players than main twc steady for a year. To get a hold of a legit old TWC source all you gotta do is download a zip of one of the older TWC releases or even the first release by Murra on GitHub.

While supporting that version is fine by me just to prove you wrong, getting people to GM it or "managing" that server will be asking too much so you're better be prepared to do it yourself or get someone else to.

#NoMoreEmptyTalk #JustDoIt #OSTWC #MakeTWCGreatAgain

We'll be incredibly disappointed if you chicken out of this Dazzler.

Sara

Quote from: Dazzler on December 28, 2016, 10:20:50 AMWhat has happened to TWC is what has happened to Runescape.

Runescape went to EOC(Evolution of Combat) and the whole game shifted. Leading to people leaving, just like what was happening here.

To disregard this, would be dumb. Clearly. As Runescape, a large game, with a large player base had to acknowledge this and brought back Oldschool/2007scape. Leading to the players returning. Nostalgia is not something you lose as you get older. It's what you gain from age.

When I'm 70 years old, I'll still feel nostalgia from watching Harry Potter.

Why are you comparing Runescape to TWC? Runescape literally has more players on the new server than the old one. There are some who even play on both at times (myself included).

They only 'brought it back' because of the amount of people who wanted it. Not because of players leaving the game. If I recall, there was a thread + Poll asking for it.

TWC having a mix of old and young players gives a mixture of different views everyday. Not to mention the differences of first languages. A lot of players like Drama, while others can't handle it (For an example: DEs vs Aurors) and while that is okay, at the end of the day we're all Human beings who have lives that can't be avoided (Unless you're bored as fuck in a Hospital, then you can avoid it and play games)

What I've noticed with players is that they seem to want things, but when it is brought to them it's only touched for a little while and left alone to get dust in it's roots. They aren't actively trying to help out with keeping the magic alive, which on that note, AFKers get complained about all the time. But yet said complainers /always/ go AFK themselves.

So that's just putting fuel to the fire to be in a continuous loop. If you truly want this game to keep going, then actively try to improve the activity. GET people involved, not just /one/ little day. Constantly /every single day/. Don't blame anyone but yourselves for not contributing to fight the problem. Staff relies on players while players rely on Staff. We all need to do our part to keep TWC alive and prospering and not wither to die.

Kole

Wait did you say RS3 has more players than Osrs i really dont know where you're getting your sources from but even from Osrs dev team they released a data stream in which they say that Osrs gets more players than they even think never mind what RS3 players think and actually they did bring Osrs out because people were leaving and they're doing a better job at developing the game bringing out updates every Thursday which include new quests fixes item changes as well as they're bring out raids (A much better version of Dungeonering) Osrs brings out content the community wants and polls every single update i even mentioned that to Rotem yet i think she got the wrong idea about that what happens is in the Q&A streams they answer a lot of questions as well as bring up a load of things the community has suggested they then go over why it wont work or what else they could do to get the same effect THEN it also has to go through a poll requiring 75% of the players to vote yes for the thing to actually get put in unless its a fix or a slight change that doesnt matter too much which results in the players getting what they want in the game instead of being forced to do content they do not like as well as making it so there isnt one person who says this is the game now dont like it leave.

Also the reason RS got brought up as being simillar to TWC is because a lot of updates on TWC resembles what Osrs has one thing being boss pets which are around 1/5k drop chance and can be a lot rarer than that.

Edit* Go look at the Runescape twitch page and look at how much Osrs overpowers RS3 in popularity not many of the streamers for Osrs are even on and all the top streams are from Osrs even the biggest RS streamer there is B0aty is a Osrs streamer if you think what they did with that wouldnt work you're being ignorant you cant mock something you havent tried before now can you.

Severus

Quote from: Kole on December 29, 2016, 06:58:59 AMWait did you say RS3 has more players than Osrs i really dont know where you're getting your sources...

Could we keep this thread on topic please, it's useful to hear people's reason as to y u no play. An analogy to another game is fine but your Runescape rant threw us a little off course. I'd actually be really interested to hear y u no play.

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more replies. TWC - y u no play? Here is your chance for brutal honesty. Because,
Quote from: Rotem on December 28, 2016, 06:44:26 PMTake old source, host it, gm it whatever the fuck u wanna do with it.

Get more players than main twc steady for a year.
maybe somebody reading everybody's opinions might just do this very thing, but with your vision.

Sev