How to make macros!!!

Started by Kozu, November 25, 2010, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozu

Hi! If you are here, than you want to learn how to create a macro, but first, lets make sure you know what a macro is:

A macro is something that attaches a verb to a key of your choice, so that when you press that key outside of a chat, the verb on that key will be activated.

Now, step 1 is to go to the top-left part of your TWC screen and click file

Then click Options and Messages

After that, click on Client

Then click onto Macros

Heres where the real work begins; You are going to click 'New Macro'

and in the box that has 'Key' on the left, enter in the key for whatever verb you want to macro. Examplea are: a, f, w, or m. The square boxes labled ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT are for more advanced users. when you have the boxes selected, in order to use the macro, you /must/ be holding down the selected keys. So if you select ALT, you have to hold down your ALT key while pressing your macro key for it to work, and if you select more than 1 box, both of thosw keys must be held down to use your macro.

In this example, i am macroing inflamari to work when i press 'd' on my keyboard

you can even take things a step further and add a players name to the end of a macro, like if you wanted to macro Valorus to work on...John Steel, you would replace my Inflamari with 'Valorus John-Steel'. if someone has 2 parts to their name, you cannot use a space, the space must be replaced with '-' to work.

Ok, some verbs you cant macro to do everything you want to, such as the Shop verb that only appears near an NPC; you cannot make a macro to buy a particular item, tough you can put Shop into the command line and do it like that.

You cant add someones name to every verb; Telendevour is a verb that will not allow you to add someones name. If you try, the macro will fail and you'll have to fix it.

With all of these macros, you must be careful, because if you are not, you might end up spamming people in ooc or say, and that will get you in trouble, accident or not.

to make a say or ooc macro, simply put     Say "[text here]"        OOC "[text here]"
and when you hit the key, the message will come up in whichever chat is selected.
<(T-T)> weee!!! <(^-^)>

Dazzler

For People That Need More Help, I Made A Vid, Hoping To Save GMs Time

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0YMZ63mD04
Proud Slytherin!
Current Hogwarts Graduate Year!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Leader of TWC Wiki's Revival Team!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Ash

Nice guide Kozu :) and nice video, Daz. But a tip for the video: Go a little slower, it was pretty fast and they'd have to pause a lot.

Current Ash x1000
Current Hufflepuff
Current Drum/Guitar Player (06-Present)
Ex GCOM x2
Ex Headmaster
Ex Admin x2
Ex Charms Professor x2
Ex Auror
Ex Deatheater
Ex broken arm cripple [IRL]
Ex broken leg cripple [IRL]

Dazzler

oh ok, i either should have made the clip longer by adding more frames or should have done slower ether way thanks for the tip  ;D
Proud Slytherin!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Dazzler

Ash i took into account wat you said so i made another macros one

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvMvyc_-oj0
Proud Slytherin!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Casimir

DanielF

ok Thanks Kozu

my picture under my name is cool :P
nice meme.

Currently Level 253(It has been 6 months, hope my levels aren't reset)

Dazzler

I think i should add that i have just emebeded my videos into, some scrolls thta i have placed around teh great hall so if you need thurther help go see them, also after use please return them.
Proud Slytherin!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling

Yam2000

Ash

Click the macro once in your macro list and then press the delete button on your keyboard.

Current Ash x1000
Current Hufflepuff
Current Drum/Guitar Player (06-Present)
Ex GCOM x2
Ex Headmaster
Ex Admin x2
Ex Charms Professor x2
Ex Auror
Ex Deatheater
Ex broken arm cripple [IRL]
Ex broken leg cripple [IRL]

Amy

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

maxsteel

can some one tell me the marcos
of aque erecto    spell
name:max
level 500
house:griffindor
         event maker on twc
~rip maxsteel~
"I give up , there is no use with arguing here."
https://m.facebook.com/minecrafthellaguys

Setsu

Hello...
Is it possible to create a macro to change the keys for character movement?