Even out the houses. Opt in to less populated ones.

Started by Lucifer, March 18, 2012, 09:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

This is about the average for the player ratio the past few weeks. We had a house wars today and there wasn't even a single Hufflepuff there. Demonic and Ash seem to be the only active hufflepuffs at all.

Is it possible we could even out the houses, or at least make them as close to even as possible?

You could simply do this by allowing active players to change from the most active houses, to the least active houses all year 'round. There would be no forcing anyone into choosing a new house, it would be purely volunteer.

I know lots of people would be willing to change so this could definitely would work. For the players who would rather stay in their house, they would be able to stay and everyone would be happy.

This is the best solution to the problem as far as I can see. 
Current
TWC DJ

Former
Hufflepuff Quidditch Cpt (2008)
Hufflepuff Prefect (2008)
Transfiguration Professor (2008)
Administrator (2009)
Dueling Instructor (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Linshon

TWC The Wizards Draft 2012. I can dig it =D

Vengeful Kyo

Quote from: Linshon on March 18, 2012, 09:40:34 PM

I can agree with what Linshon said there. Even though it might be sucky to get seperated by friends via house and what-not. It seems that there aren't enough House Points being given to HufflePuff when the House Cup comes around. It would be more fair to check and see if there are any people willing to transfer houses to help solve the issue before going through a bigger solution.

Despite having many clansmen who follow them, each king is walking their own path.
~ Silver King

Rotem

If we're going to choose the houses for new players it would feel a bit unfair as older players were able to choose their house.

About trading house members.

Instead of having a GM overview, you should probably only be able to trade members whose levels are within 100 levels range.

This also doesn't really solve Hufflepuff's issue because they don't have any members to trade.

Funny Fact: If a group of friends would've started playing together in Hufflepuff, it will be like their own private clan/group because they will probably be the only ones in the 'clan'.

Lucifer

Quote from: Rotem on March 19, 2012, 10:45:58 AM
If we're going to choose the houses for new players it would feel a bit unfair as older players were able to choose their house.

Well that is true.

Instead of having a GM overview, you should probably only be able to trade members whose levels are within 100 levels range.

That's a smart idea. Maybe a 150 level range to expand it a little bit. It would keep the trades more balanced and you wouldn't need a GM.

This also doesn't really solve Hufflepuff's issue because they don't have any members to trade.

Before the trading would even be implemented we'd first have to allow active players to opt into Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw from Gryffindor and Slytherin. Personally I would be willing to and I'm sure others would as well. Once there was a good balance of active players in each one that's when the trading system could be implemented.

Current
TWC DJ

Former
Administrator (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Lucifer

Current
TWC DJ

Former
Administrator (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Tobias Cauldwell

But the major issue with this is that if we have to change houses, we have to re create from scratch. Unless Murra or Ander will allow house transfers for this reason only...

Ex:
Ravenclaw Prefect
COMC/GCOM/Charms/Trans Professor
Admin
Dep Headmaster
Headmaster
DE
TWC Radio DJ

Former:
DP Reporter/Editor
T.T. Chaser

TWC Idol Winner 2009

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
TWC Radio DJ
Charms Professor

Murrawhip

Quote from: Tobias Cauldwell on March 20, 2012, 12:11:23 PM
Unless Murra or Ander will allow house transfers for this reason only...

I imagine that's what this suggestion is about... Lol

Severus

Quote from: Linshon on March 18, 2012, 09:40:34 PM

This would be pretty cool for selected names. I wouldn't mind switching House; I know for House Wars its important... and maybe trying to get a message across the House Channel. Other than that, I don't think Houses are really that vital, are they? Like I said, I don't mind switching houses. Perhaps a group of names could be added to a hat and drawn at random from a selected head of each House (For example Dem for Huffies, Eze for Ravies, Kyo for Slythies, Rotem for Gryffies) in turn.

Lucifer

Quote from: Murrawhip on March 20, 2012, 12:36:10 PM
Quote from: Tobias Cauldwell on March 20, 2012, 12:11:23 PM
Unless Murra or Ander will allow house transfers for this reason only...

I imagine that's what this suggestion is about... Lol

Quite right. It'd be simply changing the rule about house changes, and allowing house changes from the most active houses to least active all the time to try to create as close to a balance as we can.

Forcing everyone to change could make some people upset and quit so that isn't the best idea. I believe there's a large minority that would be willing to change to keep the houses balanced, a lot of people would even like the idea of starting fresh in a new house.
Current
TWC DJ

Former
Administrator (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Lucifer

Murrawhip started to implement this suggestion by moving players to Huffle today. Yay.
Current
TWC DJ

Former
Administrator (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

Tobias Cauldwell

Okay, which is good, but ... why would you remove people from Ravenclaw? That house is under populated too ... -.-;

Ex:
Ravenclaw Prefect
COMC/GCOM/Charms/Trans Professor
Admin
Dep Headmaster
Headmaster
DE
TWC Radio DJ

Former:
DP Reporter/Editor
T.T. Chaser

TWC Idol Winner 2009

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
TWC Radio DJ
Charms Professor

Link

Quote from: Tobias Cauldwell on March 29, 2012, 11:29:40 PM
Okay, which is good, but ... why would you remove people from Ravenclaw? That house is under populated too ... -.-;

I agree! I will admit that we're more popular with newbies than Hufflepuff but we're still a very unpopulated house. Everytime I take part in house wars, I'm the only Ravenclaw there and obviously I'm not gonna win against all the new high-powered Hufflepuffs. I think this is a good idea and all but now Hufflepuff is full of some of the more tougher players and it doesn't really create balance in comparison to any house except Slytherin.

Rotem

Ravenclaws actually have a few tough players, right now they're better than Gryffindor.

I don't remember Ravenclaw losing any high powered players for Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw is pretty much the same.

Murrawhip

This is an ongoing process. No where did I say, "Okay guyz! Housez r balanced now!"

This is in no way urgent, and is going to take time.