Drain Vampire Pits Counter Idea(s)

Started by Pie, September 09, 2016, 04:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pie

I want to have a way that prevents a one-sided pit becoming all chaos or all peace. There have been days where one side can't farm their reputations because no one on that side is farming much or that they are simply not active to do it for a long period of time, which results having many weeks of decay and only relying on guild wars shooting the pillars.

So my idea is a way to drain their pit down by using items such as Chaos Coins/Peace Coins coming in from different sizes.
It'll work just like a death coin, but reversed for the counter. You'll need to stand in an area inside and hope no monsters attack or kill you while doing this and it'll drain down the pit until there is like 1 left on the counter.

Of course just like how one use the coin in the desert for floating eyes, it can't immediately do the objective when it reaches to the top (Resulting in 999 on the counter). So when the counter drains down it'll reach down till 1 on the counter. People will need to kill the final vampire and it'll do the switching.

Small coins = Drains like 50 down on the counter
Medium coins = Drains like 100 down on the counter
Greater coins = Drains like 200 down on the counter

To obtain these coins I was thinking have bosses drop them (I suggest only the small coins).

But how would I get the bigger sized coin you ask? Well then. There's the enchanting area.
You know how vampire drops those tablets coming from each sizes right? (Small, Medium, Greater tablets)
I was thinking another alternative than bosses and just enchant for those items.

Small Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 4 Small tablets, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal or magic crystal
Medium Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 4 Medium tablet, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal or magic crystal
Greater Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 2 Tablet, 2 artifacts, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal  or magic crystal

Chaos Coins will drain the chaos pit and the Peace Coins will drain the other. I hope my idea is helpful enough for others to farm what they need when it becomes a one-sided kind of pit.
It's a Wonderful day for Pie!

Skystone

Quote from: Pie on September 09, 2016, 04:56:02 PM
I want to have a way that prevents a one-sided pit becoming all chaos or all peace. There have been days where one side can't farm their reputations because no one on that side is farming much or that they are simply not active to do it for a long period of time, which results having many weeks of decay and only relying on guild wars shooting the pillars.

So my idea is a way to drain their pit down by using items such as Chaos Coins/Peace Coins coming in from different sizes.
It'll work just like a death coin, but reversed for the counter. You'll need to stand in an area inside and hope no monsters attack or kill you while doing this and it'll drain down the pit until there is like 1 left on the counter.

Of course just like how one use the coin in the desert for floating eyes, it can't immediately do the objective when it reaches to the top (Resulting in 999 on the counter). So when the counter drains down it'll reach down till 1 on the counter. People will need to kill the final vampire and it'll do the switching.

Small coins = Drains like 50 down on the counter
Medium coins = Drains like 100 down on the counter
Greater coins = Drains like 200 down on the counter

To obtain these coins I was thinking have bosses drop them (I suggest only the small coins).

But how would I get the bigger sized coin you ask? Well then. There's the enchanting area.
You know how vampire drops those tablets coming from each sizes right? (Small, Medium, Greater tablets)
I was thinking another alternative than bosses and just enchant for those items.

Small Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 4 Small tablets, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal or magic crystal
Medium Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 4 Medium tablet, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal or magic crystal
Greater Chaos/Peace Coin requirement = 2 Tablet, 2 artifacts, 1 red crystal and 1 green crystal  or magic crystal

Chaos Coins will drain the chaos pit and the Peace Coins will drain the other. I hope my idea is helpful enough for others to farm what they need when it becomes a one-sided kind of pit.

Adding tablets to the enchanting system is definitely a viable option yes, but I feel it will make enchanting more confusing to new users.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

it's intentional design choice to have those areas stuck for equal reputation distribution.