A Boss Idea!

Started by Ehlek, August 04, 2012, 03:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehlek

I would like to see World Bosses. Monsters that a player could never defeat on their own, so team work could be implemented into the game! These would be no ordinary monsters either, they wouldn't spawn as quickly as other monsters. For example, they could have a 30 min to and hour spawn time, or perhaps they would only spawn once a day, at a certain time. They would also have a chance at a rare drop should someone actually kill said creatures. But to do that, there would have to be a system for group looting. Perhaps a Need/Greed roll system (1-100) giving everyone a random number, with the highest getting the item. Ties would be re-rolled for (should 2 players that participated in the kill randomly get the same number)...

Here are a few of the monsters that could be used:

Fluffy- The Cerberus, could be placed in a secret room some where inside the castle, and made to deal damage on contact. Could drop chance a Sorcerer's Stone (An Item that heals the holder over time, for a percent of their HP) *the Item that I mentioned is an example and does not have to be used, though it would be pretty pimp*

Aragog- Hagrid's Giant Acromantula, could be place in the Forbidden Forest, hidden of course, perhaps a new part could be added to the forest just for him, like the secret rooms in Hogwarts. As for his drops, perhaps an Item that could be required to create an extremely rare wand... or vial of his venom, which could be used to poison other players (one use) dealing massive damage over time (would make sense considering the proposal of the Sorcerer's Stone) Attacks on contact!

Lupin (Werewolf form)- Sorta self explanatory, could be placed in a new area (the Shrieking Shack) with a hidden passage way to get to him, could drop a potion that temporarily transforms the player into a werewolf themselves. Attacks on Contact!

Norwegian Horn-tail- The dragon Potter faced in the Tri Wizard Tournament, as for its location, I don't know where it could be placed, its just a suggestion. As for Drops, a dragon egg, which could be hatched into a pet dragon! Shoots Fire Balls, like the Fire Bats and Fire Golems. Or could Attack on Contact, either one would be interesting!

Voldemort!- Also self explanatory, could be placed perhaps inside the castle in a secret room, would have to be the MOST DIFFICULT boss, shooting Avada Kadevra at players. He could drop something like the Elder Wand? *Would have to be a very small chance drop like 0.0001% chance to drop. It would be the most OP wand in the game :3!

Each of these bosses would be impossibly difficult to kill, like 10billion Hp and 50k damage with each attack... It would take skill to kill these creatures, as well as strength and teamwork! Its just a fun idea ^_^ Enjoy!

Markus

Quote from: Ehlek on August 04, 2012, 03:20:08 PM
Norwegian Horn-tail- The dragon Potter faced in the Tri Wizard Tournament, as for its location, I don't know where it could be placed, its just a suggestion. As for Drops, a dragon egg, which could be hatched into a pet dragon! Shoots Fire Balls, like the Fire Bats and Fire Golems. Or could Attack on Contact, either one would be interesting!

Harry faced the Hungarian Horntail. Hagrid had a pet Norwegian Ridgeback. Could use both =D Face the horntail and get Norbert as a pet

Permanent Slytherin
Awesome Slytherwin
Will do eviwl thingz for food.

Ehlek

Skystone

Okay, I know this topic is old and all, but I like the idea of adding in more bosses. It's kind of boring that the only boss in the game is the basilisk (if you don't count some events as bosses), and having the bosses actually drop items would be even cooler.

Obviously we're not going to use all the ideas that Ehlek had, but some of them were good. Like Aragog (of course if we still want to follow Dem's alternate universe theory it could be called a different name) would be a cool boss to fight. Obviously we're not going to add Lupin, or Voldermort since I don't think players want real characters from the movie (plus Dem's theory would become instantly unstable).

As for items that bosses drop, they can't be too OP, and they can't be too important unless they only drop that specific item from that boss. So like say I fight Aragog, I kill him, and he drops a special wand that can only be dropped by him, this would make it special but not OP for people to use. Also there should be a chance on dropping items.

My Ideas for Bosses:
1. Giant Spider/Aragog - We already have basilisk so I mean we might as well continue the obvious bosses.
2. Dragons - Make it only for Tri-Wizard's.
3. Whomping Willow - Portus into Shrieking Shack too possibly?
4. Peeves - Remember him from the books? Doesn't actually die though since he's a ghost (should leave a message like "Hmmm, I think I'll take a break now"), also he should probably be throwing Joke items, not actually trying to harm people.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor