Guilds: Add-ons

Started by Severus, January 11, 2016, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severus

Hi TWC,

I understand Guilds are in their infancy and I also understand these ideas may have already been toyed with and may be planned already/to be revisited in the future.

I have various areas id love to talk about.

Area 1 - Guild Ranking
At present it seems we have started with the peace leaderboard and the chaos leaderboard. Could we have a combined leaderboard somewhere stating the full list of competitive guilds?
It would look something like:
#1 - Guild A - Peace (2300) Wizard 1
#2 - Guild B - Chaos (1800) Wizard 3
#3 - Guild C - Chaos (1000) Apprentice 5
Etc etc.

forgive me if this exists, but could we also create an overall "score"? So that reputation and skill rating and are combined to give a numeric value score?

Area 2 - Guild Wars

I really love this idea but also really need help developing it in to something tangible. Could we create a duel type war for Guild v Guild?

An interesting idea would here be Guild Matchmaking, where members from Guilds could queue up and face each other in a 3 vs 3 duel. Outcomes of these matches would increase/decrease each other's scores. I hope this also pushes the interest in matchmaking for singles.

Much further detail is required here and my lack of knowledge here prevents me from further thinking at the moment. I'll review this later.

Area 3 - Guild Features
What are the possibilities for Guild Channels? Where Guild members could speak to one another?

And of course the question of personal Guild attire: "Robes".
These could be expensive features or rewards maybe in tie with the Major Guilds system.

Thanks for reading. To be continued.

Sev

Rotem

Quote from: Severus on January 11, 2016, 08:17:16 PM
forgive me if this exists, but could we also create an overall "score"? So that reputation and skill rating and are combined to give a numeric value score?
I can't forgive you because it's already explained how score is determined in the guilds guide. It's literally skill * reputation. Due to MM rating number being hidden and protected I can not reveal any number in guilds leaderboard that is multiplied by it.

Area 2 - Guild Wars
Yes we can, not right now.

The problem with 3vs3 for example is that it requires 6 people, if we throw guilds in, it means 6 people from 2 guilds that are online at same time, this is a crazy requirement.

While matchmaking arena was made to support different arenas with different made teams, I don't think the community supports this feature.

What are the possibilities for Guild Channels? Where Guild members could speak to one another?
You have "Guild Chat" verb, if you didn't notice. The guild also explains that I think.

And of course the question of personal Guild attire: "Robes".
These could be expensive features or rewards maybe in tie with the Major Guilds system.
There is no plans for robes whatsoever due to lack of icons income, I had to force masks in to avoid the need of robes being made, there is however an idea floating about of guild masks, I made a bloodlust mockup where instead of "Masked Figure" there will be a blood red "Bloodlust" title.

Color and name and probably choice for different mask patterns/coloring. Whether the name will go after guild's name or the guild member's rank is undetermined. Custom ranks are a bit of a penis-risk. I wouldn't want many masked penises to walk about TWC.

Beyond guild masks, a guild can, by their own choosing, determine their dress code and achieve an unique look for their members.

As for rewards, major HQs already get their respective clan HQ, there is more planned on that front.
There's also another front of territory wars, you may have noticed a guild's name appears below counter pillars of a colored area, there will be benefits to that as well.

Drop rate, exp and gold bonuses are a thing I can throw in now.

Those are my thoughts however I do believe my focus has been slightly stolen by people who are afraid we are moving away from HP so I gave them a nice broom gift and I'm looking into potions next. It's all still on my plate I just want guilds to be made, they're so fresh the few guilds we do have didn't realize they have a guild chat verb.

Apeiro

Quote from: Rotem on January 11, 2016, 11:12:17 PM
Color and name and probably choice for different mask patterns/coloring. Whether the name will go after guild's name or the guild member's rank is undetermined. Custom ranks are a bit of a penis-risk. I wouldn't want many masked penises to walk about TWC.

I'd prefer just the guild name to be displayed, without the ranks.

matthewhagerman

Quote from: Apeiro on January 12, 2016, 06:55:02 AM
Quote from: Rotem on January 11, 2016, 11:12:17 PM

Well with the whole naming issue why not have the guild select a colour and then when the title is bought it just auto changes to the guild name when equipped. that way the only time the penis tag comes up (HUE HUE) it's if a guild is named after that.
WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!!!!!

Rotem

The only reason nothing is being implemented for guilds is because there is no guild competition yet.

I understand the hype but if I get incredibly frustrated when I rush to add a ton of systems only to find out we have 13 players average. Right now I am waiting for fruits of my labor to show before I put in more work.

matthewhagerman

Well guild conflict won't happen until the bloodsluts come back
WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!!!!!

Rotem

I won't count on it. They don't seem to care at all, to me, it seems they moved on and they don't care anymore.

They've won their battle ages ago, more than once, against many people. Why bother doing it again when they're busy with a job, their spouses and pregnancy (one of them is actually expecting, how nice!)

Julian

Lol funny how our victory was well remembered through the dragon clan and even staff and you still are bum hurt about it. Relax man, it's a game congrats for us and keep your chin up high. Anyways, this is me confirmin Rotem's post, since we are all very busy this is a new version of Bloodlust lead by our Jr members who are still powerful & skilled fighters but are doin their thing now and carryin a name that they've missed. I'm flattered that even though my PC has been broken since 2014 there's at least one person still whinin about us. The dragon purge wouldn't be our only victory but I suppose our most memorable one cause of all the damage that was done. Let it stand as a reminder & a warnin for those willin to cross us. That's what a good clan is about, anyone could have a leader, robes, & a title. What truly makes a guild successful is the power of believin in ya self, skill, and friendship. That's the sole reason my brothers and I were so good at doin what we did. I wish those who are in this clan the best of luck & best wishes.

Speedy

Yeah the "Jr" members gotta get to work good luck Jr members  ;D