Clan Robes

Started by Severus, April 20, 2012, 03:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severus

Clan Robes

I've been thinking about 'Clan Robes' for some time now.

In GM Robes, when flying, it reverts the player icon back to GM robes and doesn't show using a broom. This here is a similar idea for clan robes. The only difference is, perhaps when a robed clan member 'flies', a broom doesn't appear but a small array of translucent smoke appears.

In the film adaptation of Order of the Phoenix, at the battle in the Department of Mysteries, the OOTP appear as well as DE. The OOTP have white smoke/magical remainders surrounding them and trailing them as they fly - considering we don't have OOTP anymore, perhaps this effect could be for Aurors as they are also protagonists. Throughout all of the films, the Death Eaters have that black fog/smoke that surrounds and trails them as they fly... perhaps this could be added for the DE, too.

Furthermore, perhaps when a member is robed and apparition occurs, the clan member appears in their clan-coloured 'smoke' at the destination they apparated to. Also, perhaps a controversial suggestion, but maybe a default apparition verb for clan members when robed - for example, an apparition to their HQ, to crossroads, to Ministry, to Tom's Bar, to Shrieking Shack, or other.

To Summarize

• When clan members are robed and are flying, instead of a broom appearing, their clan coloured 'smoke/fog' appears
  • Smoke appears briefly when robed and apparition occurs
  • Potential default apparate verbs for clan tabs (must be robed) 
  • The smoke size could vary; for flying it is small and constant; for apparating it is larger but lasts for 2 or 3 seconds

I hope this makes sense and is taken in to consideration.
Thanks for reading.

Murrawhip

Icon?
And I'm gonna say no on point #3.
I should probably expand on the normal-non-clan apparition system, though.

Severus

I can't icon - to give you an example of what I mean I've attached pictures.

That's fair enough.

Ok, lol.

p.s. Sorry, I know I disgust you with my JPGness