Earned House Points Leaderboard

Started by Vanchi, September 07, 2016, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanchi

A leaderboard, like the exp one but with house points earned from events or classes. Each player who earns points gets to be on there and the top player gets a small prize every month when the House Cup ends. This might reduce the players who AFK in classes until the AFK Check. And the student who is on the top might not be from Slytherin who knows, because Slytherin always wins the house cup.
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Rotem

Vanchi

Why not give it another shot, players are answering questions in classess, why not get rewarded for it, and the leaderboard could make more players to answer questions.
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Rotem

Because there's no easy way to do it.

It requires each GM to add the points to a list of players on the scoreboard, it took effort and really only Percy, as a player, actively hunted for it. And no, Percy's house -always- won, as he was the only one actively hunting for house points. (It was also during a period of 30+ players)

I'd much rather GMs think of an event during their class and give a prize to someone alongside the spell. All of this is up to GM's decision, I won't be making this mandatory for them again.

I think the reason it failed was mainly because it's a month long event, a month is a very long time. It'd be far more beneficial for each GM to run their own little thing over a course of -one- class or -one week-.

Gotta remember, event shop was a GM thing, Murra put 0 work into it, it was all me, as a GM.

Whatever GMs want to do is up to them.