Dementors - Feedback Required (From everyone)

Started by Rotem, April 01, 2012, 02:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotem

I just pictured myself shooting flippendo at dementors pushing them back, seemed kinda lame.
I like what Lucifer wrote though.

Stormy

Feedback to Dementors: I liked them. But, as already mentioned, they should be super strong so players are feared of them. Then there's a question what to do with them, if you can't gain exp cause they can't be killed.
But what about this, so atleast clan wars get a bit cooler? When killed, you get into Azkaban (or DE prison) and need to break out via fightigin dementors and stuff.

Death

That wouldn't be realistic for Aurors though.

Joshy

It might be realistic for Aurors as the Dementors aren't always on one side, they have actually been on the good and evil side.

Dsc has had the best idea in my opinion. Everything he's said is flawless in my eyes, maybe that's why i don't make games though. i would add that it would be a Skill, like scan and sence, i find that having a tab for just two skills is pointless, maybe that could be added. Also the tab 'Flying' could be made as a skill.

skill - Patronus Charm - takes a certain amount of MP to cast, and then drains a certain amount of MP for every use/second after.

Dementors to be more powerful, with a set damage for example 1/10 of your hp, no matter who it is, im not sure how you'd apply that, but im sure you could. this means they would be feared by everyone as 10 hits and they are dead, or worse there soul could be sucked and i really have no idea where to go with the idea after that.

The location shouldn't be one permanent location, unless Azkaban is bought back, but i don't know why you'd even need Azkaban. The dementors alignment either good or bad could be based upon how well the DE/Aurors are doing at the time, giving each Auror/DE the ability to conjure one, based on their rank. Example, a HA/HDE can summon 5, on the Aurors side, to fight anyone wearing DE robes, and the Co-heads can summon 3 etc.

Just my opinion, sounds cool though, good luck!

Severus

Dementors quite rightfully should not just be 'killed' by projectiles and a simple 'Expecto Patronum' like there is right now - they should not be killed as previously mentioned they are already dead. Repelling them or keeping them at bay is the only way forward. The maximum repel (see next paragraph for my suggestion for levels of repel) could just force them to 'teleport' to their spawn location where as other levels of repel could just force them in the direction of their spawn location; this location could be the entrance to Silverblood - not the 'tunnels' - I mean the part with the fire bats and fire golems, though, the dementors could be restricted to a certain area in there for example northwest of the interior. Other areas could be behind the museum where they are restricted there in open space like the system for trolls. Behind the museum may also make more sense because you can relate history/past with death/previous life.

The modification of the existing spell 'Expecto Patronum' and all of it's properties to repel dementors as a pose to 'killing' them is a good idea; the MP should change such as Dsc's idea along with the subject it's taught under and the addition of a personal patronus - however, Lucifer's idea could be implemented here to improve it again, with the idea that the power of the repel and the size of the light should change according to which player uses it. The player, regardless of level, can increase the strength of their 'Expecto Patronum' with perhaps a new base stat, an existing one or other system. To gain a 'Patronus' they must reach a certain amount of 'stat'; when this stat is reached, perhaps a 'pop up window' could appear allowing them to choose from, say, 5 or 6 default patronus'... furthermore this could be upgraded to a personalized/rare extra one in very rare events that could occur once per year (or less frequent) - just like earning an Anamagus. The existing spell for 'Expecto Patronum' for all students who possess it would be removed completely and the new one would have to be re-taught in classes. This could be a skill or spell.

Dementor raids would also be cool and perhaps could be a rare tool/skill (such as apparition, anamagus, etc) instead of completely removing the spell 'Dementia'. 'Dementia' again could be upgraded so that you can control the existing flock of dementors from the locations I mentioned in my first paragraph or summon a flock of dementors that you have to lead - either to defend or to attack. Perhaps you could highlight a certain area of squares with your cursor/arrow keys that you wish the dementors to occupy; this could be tactical to the player as they can send dementors there to attack players already in that area or attack players who attempt to go in the area. In game play, an Auror could use this to highlight the area between the crossroads and Hogwarts entrance to protect students and deter DE's, where as a DE could use it in another place perhaps closer to the entrance or other to attack students/Aurors. If there is a new base stat made for Expecto (see paragraph 2) then this could also affect Dementia; the higher the stat, you could have the control (via pop up window for example) as to whether dementors attack or defend; the default would be just a flock of dementors who deal damage to players say within 1 or 2 squares of the dementor. However, this could not be taught, but instead a rare skill that requires high MP and stat to use.

Both of these ideas work for light/dark wizards. These ideas obviously can be edited to fit better or whatever - that's just me passing on  an idea. I'm sure there's a flaw in it somewhere, lol.

Dazzler

Well, i understand they need to be immortal, so rather than aming them a one hit ko, why no make it so, the first time you come into contact with them, your screen goes blury and misty, the second time (within the same minute f the first contact) your movement goes weired and its random whenre they go so left could be down up could be left etc. the third time they hit you, you screen goes black, and you get a message saying, "Your soul was sucked out by the dementor, the last thing you remeber was a bright light..." and you also dont gain a death for this happening.
Proud Slytherin!
Current Hogwarts Graduate Year!
Founder of TWC Cards!
Leader of TWC Wiki's Revival Team!
Ex-Head Auror!
#DazzlerTheDazzling