Adding Spells

Started by Severus, October 16, 2014, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severus

Improving DADA

Petrificus Totalus
Change: Convert to projectile.
Explanation: Causes caster to become frozen for 20 seconds.
Properties: 1200 MP - usable in all zones - requires wand
Clause: If caster's Damage stat exceeds 1000, the target is unable to use Reducto.
Clause: If target's Defense stat exceeds 1000, the caster's spell lasts for 5 seconds.

Untitled Spell
Suggestion: Diffindo
If we convert some target spells to projectiles, then this spell will improve them as it will allow further defense and further fun in terms of bouncing spells to other people.
Explanation: Target can cast to deflect oncoming projectiles in all directions except that of the original source (similar effect to Flippendo and like the opposite of Incendio casting in all directions).
Properties: 15 second cool down - 50 MP - usable in all zones - requires wand

Improving Charms

Legilimens
This will improve peoples desire for MP and the usage of Occlumency.
Explanation: Caster can view the name of the last player that the target killed.
Properties: 700 MP - usable in all zones - requires wand
Clause: Target can block if using Occlumency and has an overall MP that is greater than 3000.
Clause: Caster can see a list of the last 3 players the target killed if their overall MP is greater than 3000.

Finite Incantatem
This probably shouldn't be in the post as it is completely new, the only relative thing is perhaps an improvement on Charms in general.
Explanation: Target is unable to cast any spell for 15 seconds.
Properties: 60 second cool down - 700 MP - usable in all zones - requires wand

Homenum Revelio
This improves our invisibility features and acts as a middle man between a magic eye and eparo evanesca.
Explanation: Allows caster to view anybody invisible in their view for 30 seconds. This does not reveal the target, it instead provides the same effect as a magic eye would do.
Properties: 60 second cool down - MP?? - usable in all zones - requires wand

I liked Seta's posts about making Transfiguration spells give you the effect of whatever you're transfigured as (ie frogs on water etc).

Could we have a list of pointless spells that need improving or ideas to develop them?

This is my input for now. Should you struggle with icons, I can provide some.
Sev

Rotem

Since the suggestion is "Adding spells" I'll avoid commenting about existing spells (I'm such an ass).

Diffindo -- Like Incindia* for Flippendo? (You wrote incendio, threw me off), I suppose we can do that, not a bad idea, although the MP usage should be higher.

Legilimens - can you describe aspects of the game where this is useful? I mean, I could just rename Telendevour for harry potter lore, is there even a Telendevour in the harry potter story?

Finite Incantatem - Definitely OP. I'd also want to see what we do with binding spells before we do a duplicate effect here.

Homenum Revelio sounds a little too OP, especially since magic eyes worth 10mill or more. I'd kinda want a potion, a lamp or even a herb to do this.
(In case you didn't know, lamps were my logical solution for potions, they were originally meant to be potions but the toggle on/off feature made it a little illogical so I renamed them to lamps, after all, you can puke out the potion then drink it again but you can rub a lamp all you want)

Murrawhip

Homenum Revelio could be more like an alarm system in your immediate area.
If someone cloaked gets close to you during however long the spell lasts, you're informed. Just that there's someone there - not their name or w/e. Then you can eparo if you wish.

Renecke

Quote from: Murrawhip on October 18, 2014, 04:34:54 PMHomenum Revelio could be more like an alarm system in your immediate area.
If someone cloaked gets close to you during however long the spell lasts, you're informed. Just that there's someone with the bathmate xtreme there - not their name or w/e. Then you can eparo if you wish.

Yes, this would be a great feature to make it like an alarm to detect cloaked people.

Apeiro

The current version of the game doesn't even have invisibility cloaks. Please don't unearth old topics that aren't relevant anymore.

Severus

The current version of the game is resting in peace. Please don't unearth old power that isn't relevant anymore.

Making new potential players feel shot down when they voice excitement isn't helping anyone or anything. Be happy that someone's paying attention to TWC, don't make them feel ridiculed just so that you can exercise authority. You may get yourself the game back that way.

-Sev

Justin

Cept that was a forum bot that replied. :P

Apeiro

Quote from: Severus on May 11, 2017, 06:03:35 AMThe current version of the game is resting in peace. Please don't unearth old power that isn't relevant anymore.

Making new potential players feel shot down when they voice excitement isn't helping anyone or anything. Be happy that someone's paying attention to TWC, don't make them feel ridiculed just so that you can exercise authority. You may get yourself the game back that way.

-Sev

The current version is up right now. You even visited it. Wasn't ridiculing anyone, so there's no need for hostility.

Severus

Quote from: Justin on May 11, 2017, 02:32:45 PMCept that was a forum bot that replied. :P

You're a forum bot.

Quote from: Apeiro on May 12, 2017, 01:33:56 AMThe current version is up right now. You even visited it. Wasn't ridiculing anyone, so there's no need for hostility.

You unnecessarily shot down that poor guy man, not cool.

Apeiro

Quote from: Severus on May 12, 2017, 04:32:22 AMYou unnecessarily shot down that poor guy man, not cool.

I wasn't shutting anyone down. I asked not to unearth irrelevant topics from 3 years ago.
When you try posting in a thread that hasn't been posted in for 30 days you get a warning:

QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

If you still feel this topic has anything relevant to the game as it is now, i suggest you re-read it very carefully in it's entirety.
The only relevant information to the game here is Petrificus Totalus and only in name.