Orb Idea

Started by Skystone, June 15, 2016, 09:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

I feel that the orbs should be given an update as to how much exp left they have.

Just like how lamps have a certain amount of time left before they disappear, which we can check by examining the lamp's description, I feel that we should do the same to orbs and indicate how much experience that orb has left until bursting.

This would prevent bad trades in the trade/auction system as well as inform players how much exp they have left before their orb bursts.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Harlekin

Definitely should be in next update
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rotem

Harlekin

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Sara

Please refer to http://forum.wizardschronicles.com/index.php?topic=1270.0 to better contribute to this topic. It will help make this idea thrive for better discussion on why it should be placed in the game.

And I'm not too sure on this one myself, I see really no purpose for why it should be showing how much exp it has left. Especially nowadays when you can figure out which one you haven't used yet if you were planning on trading it to someone, you would have made sure it was away from your stash in your vault or would have given it sooner to someone, knowing the placement of the orb in your inventory. And to me, knowing that any moment the orb will break, helps me being more careful on how I use it.

Rotem

Quote from: Harlekin on June 27, 2016, 04:53:12 PM
Quote from: Rotem on June 17, 2016, 02:49:54 AM
Quote from: Harlekin on June 16, 2016, 09:39:59 PM
Definitely should be in next update

why?

hahahahaha

this suggestion was implemented as soon as it was posted, the "definitely should be in next update" was posted after I already implemented it, it was also posted with your other post where you said I do nothing to update the game, a statement that isn't remotely close to reality seeing how many changes I added in.

I took great offense to your harsh untrue judgements and rude behavior, your complete and utter ignorance and refusal to see my efforts or hear my reasoning. Initially I wrote a more rude reply but I chose to stick with "why" and avoid the debate.

I didn't reply to this post because I thought it's too obvious you know? Skystone made a good suggestion, it was implemented, there's no need for a vote or anything and if I had any comment as to why I don't want it, I'd say so, if I thought it needs changing, I'd say so but it was a decent thought.

Seeing as you responded with "hahahahaha", I just feel more offended. Thanks Harlekin, you definitely make me feel like my efforts with TWC are worth it, like people appreciate me and my efforts.

Apeiro

I appreciate what you do, Rotem. Even if i don't say it very often.

Sara

Quote from: Apeiro on June 28, 2016, 04:59:11 PM
I appreciate what you do, Rotem. Even if i don't say it very often.

I feel the same way as Apeiro, I just can't always find the right words to say it.

Also I had no idea it was implemented. I thought it was still a discussion to think about. Sorry~

Skystone

Quote from: Sara on June 29, 2016, 10:25:42 PM
Also I had no idea it was implemented. I thought it was still a discussion to think about. Sorry~

Nublet, and you call yourself a teacher.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Sara

Quote from: Skystone on June 30, 2016, 02:57:48 PM
Quote from: Sara on June 29, 2016, 10:25:42 PM

Nublet, and you call yourself a teacher.

I don't exactly examine items I don't have in my inventory 24/7, Skystone lol

Rotem

pls y do I do changelog if u no read it

Sara

Quote from: Rotem on June 30, 2016, 09:29:10 PM
pls y do I do changelog if u no read it

Thing is, I do read it but I either didn't notice it or I saw it and it didn't occur to me at the time. Plus I usually don't have my orb in my inventory to really remember about the change. So it's just slipped out of my mind when it was put in.