Recent Posts

Pages 1 ... 8 9 10
Announcements / Re: TWC Main Server Terminatio...
Last post by Spitfire - February 01, 2017, 01:00:54 AM
<3 Will miss j00 TWC
Announcements / Re: TWC Main Server Terminatio...
Last post by Rotem - January 31, 2017, 05:59:31 PM
Going to put it here because this might be interesting to some.

Alex Vander Meulen Oh come on now guys I'll pay for the server.
Like · Reply · 4 mins
Rotem Eek
Rotem Eek It's a bit more complicated than this, neither Murra nor me are interested in paying or running it. I can't really speak for Murra but for me, I feel as if TWC is in coma on life support and throwing money at it isn't going to fix it.

I don't know how to fix TWC, I don't know how to make the community thrive and like it, I don't even play or log on it anymore, I just update it from time to time as a hobby.

TWC's open source, it can resurface, I just don't want to enable the illusion of a TWC in coma anymore.

As of right now, the thought of bringing it back up for things like TWC Idol or "reunion" has crossed my mind but I don't want to make promises and it's probably going to be temporary
Announcements / TWC Main Server Termination
Last post by Rotem - January 31, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
Hello TWC,

The decision has been made to cancel the server subscription and shut down TWC's main server, we will continue to host TWC until 21st February.

To those interested in socializing on TWC or keeping in contact with people from TWC, I recommend getting online during those final weeks and sharing social contact details and perhaps spending the time we have left together on TWC.

I titled this post as "TWC Main Server" because TWC will still be open sourced and anyone can start their own server and continue TWC, we will be backing up TWC's savefiles in case we will want to wake it up in the future but it's probably not a near future.

Personally, I feel like I'd still want to develop TWC, it's more of a hobby for me, I don't know what the future holds or whether I'd touch TWC again, I make no promises but you never know, hell, maybe someone else will take the source and make a wonderful new era of TWC.

It's been a wonderful time on TWC, I basically grew up on TWC, it was my teenage years, I intend to stay in contact with my friends and treasure my memories of that time and so should you.

General Discussion / Re: Screenies
Last post by Traxicous - January 31, 2017, 12:49:26 AM
so is my life
General Discussion / Re: Screenies
Last post by DuhCosmicApple - January 25, 2017, 08:15:11 PM
this is lonely
General Discussion / Re: Y u no play?
Last post by Severus - January 15, 2017, 12:06:38 PM
Quote from: DuhCosmicApple on January 14, 2017, 11:08:20 PMall of the new additions for gameplay and stuff is FASCINATING, but it doesn't appeal to me as i would come to the game for the social aspect :) <3
Retweet
Last post by DuhCosmicApple - January 14, 2017, 11:08:20 PM
hi posting this a couple weeks after, but i just wanted to say that the game's been fun and all
but for the most part i would probably log back in just for some nostalgia and to be able to socialize with people
but then i'd leave because gameplay wise, i don't look for as much as i used to

also with other games, preparing for uni, graduating high school and all that
not really a lot of time to think about the nostalgia of this game

the community, the GMs, the events, the special features, everything is all pretty solid and i'm sure a new generation of players can keep the game thriving.

again, all of the new additions for gameplay and stuff is FASCINATING, but it doesn't appeal to me as i would come to the game for the social aspect :) <3
General Discussion / Time for weekly potions class
Last post by Apeiro - January 03, 2017, 08:51:09 AM
So, i will be holding a potions class every tuesday at the specified time. I will determine the time it will be held with this poll, to maximize the number of attendees.
If you can't attend at the selected time, don't fret. I'll hold a remedial class throughout the day. All you have to do is tell me when i'm active after the class has been held.

In case you don't know what the UTC time is for you: Timezone converter
General Discussion / Explosions, Fun, Starwars, D**...
Last post by Sara - January 02, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

*(From 1 PM to 4 PM EST (8 PM to 11 PM Israel Time, 6 PM to 9 PM London Time (if you have trouble converting, Go Here) and convert from your local time to Eastern Standard Time)
Last post by Murrawhip - January 02, 2017, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: Kole on January 02, 2017, 06:59:23 PMi didnt say she was dictator
Quote from: Kole on December 29, 2016, 07:40:57 AMtheres only one person dictating what is added
Huh?

Quote from: Kole on January 02, 2017, 06:59:23 PMplayers dont have a say in if they want something added
The thousands of suggestions posts and many posts wherein Rotem asks for feedback contradicts that.

We ask for help a lot, so it kinda blows my mind when you claim players have no say.
Pages 1 ... 8 9 10