New Players Guide

Started by Lucifer, April 16, 2013, 12:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Hi! If you're reading this you're probably a new player on The Wizards' Chronicles. If you're confused - don't worry! I'm here to help.

I'll be showing you how to get started. Follow the steps below and you'll soon be on your way to Hogwarts to begin your journey!

Step 1 - Buy Your Wand

You're in Diagon Alley right now... the first thing you need to do is buy a wand from Ollivander!

Walk to the first door on your RIGHT from where you began. (Picture below)

Now, walk up to Ollivander. Right click him. Place your cursor over his name then click Talk.

You'll now be talking to Ollivander. Click "Yes" and he'll find a wand for you! When he finds a wand you're happy with click "Yes" again to buy it.

Your wand will now be in your "Items" tab - click on it to wield it.

Step 2 - Head to Hogwarts

Come back the way you came, and walk down towards the bricks. They will move for you. After they move, walk down to the room in the picture below.

Now... walk through the fireplaces to go leave Diagon Alley and head to Hogwarts!

You will now be located in Hogsmeade! Follow the orange arrows below to make your way up to Hogwarts.

Once you reach this area - continue to walk up North to Hogwarts! This place is known as the Crossroads.

Head through the big black door thingo... and then you're there! Hogwarts Castle!

You can go RIGHT to the Great Hall to begin training. You start with the White book called "The Book of Peace" to read it, click the "read book" command. This can be macroed, so you only need to hold down a key. Click Here for the macro guide to do that.

Step 3 - Level Up, Learn Spells, Meet Friends and Begin Your Journey!

You're now in Hogwarts. From here it's up to you decide what you want to become. Good, evil, a legend, a nuisance. The fate of your future lies in your hands.

To learn spells, you must attend classes. To see when classes are held click the "Class Schedule" button under the Commands tab.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on OOC - a chat that all players on the game see. To talk in OOC click the "OOC" button under your Commands tab.

Click Here for a guide on which book is best to read at your level.

Below is a rough map of Hogwarts. It's missing some areas, but it's something to help you figure out where things are.

Credit to Shade for the map.
Current
TWC DJ

Former
Hufflepuff Quidditch Cpt (2008)
Hufflepuff Prefect (2008)
Transfiguration Professor (2008)
Administrator (2009)
Dueling Instructor (2009)
COMC Professor (2009)
Charms Professor (2009)
Head Auror (2011)
Head Deatheater (2011)
Game Owner (2013)
Head DJ (2014
)

TimArmstrong

I'm liking the little map of Hogwarts you have going on there.

DuhCosmicApple

NOT JIMBLES

Sponge

MaxIsJoe

For new players, this guide is a little bit outdated.
I come with memes to trade and yeets to be made