Enchantment - How It Works (Wiki)

Started by Skystone, March 08, 2015, 01:42:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Skystone

March 08, 2015, 01:42:27 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:35:09 PM by Traxicous
This is going to be a kind of "how the enchantment works" wiki for Auror use only.

How this will work is by you guys replying how the enchantment system works and I will edit this post to give a more in-depth idea as to how enchanting works.

Enchantment - How It Works (Wiki):

*Warning if you do not follow the guide correctly you may lose items in the process*

Enchantments can enchant these specific types of items:
-Crystals (can't use 2 crystals)
-Wearables (shoes, scarves, and wigs).
-Titles and Scrolls

To get started for a +1 enchanting:
-2 Artifacts
-4 Lucky crystals
-2 of the same items
-and 1 red, green, magic crystal

You then go to the enchantment room. You place the artifacts on the red tiles and the 2 same items you want enchanted, on the blue. Then you go next to the circle and click on the four lucky crystals in your inventory and also the stat crystal (colored crystal). After that you just hit the circle and you get your +1.

To do a +2 enchanting:
-2 Artifacts
-12 Lucky crystals
-2 +1 of the items

You place the artifacts on the red tiles and the 2 +1 items you want enchanted, on the blue. You put the better +1 item (statwise) on the top blue tile. Then you go next to the circle and click on the twelve lucky crystals in your inventory. After that you just hit the circle and you get your +2.

To do a +3 enchanting:
-2 Artifacts
-16 Lucky crystals
-2 +2 of the items

You place the artifacts on the red tiles and the 2 +2 items you want enchanted, on the blue. You put the better +2 item (statwise) on the top blue tile. Then you go next to the circle and click on the sixteen lucky crystals in your inventory. After that you just hit the circle and you get your +3.

Facts about enchanting:
-As you go higher in +s you will require more lucky crystals otherwise the enchantment will fail.
-The Basilisk drops soul crystals which are incredibly valuable as they can reduce the cost of getting a +3 item really easily. It also drops other items at higher rates than other mobs.
-Luck crystals help reduce the chance of failure in an enchantment.
-Red (Damage) and Green (Defense) crystals DO NOT stack as Luck Crystals do. They should only be used once per enchantment.

-Magic Crystals buff both Damage and Defense stats and are therefore one of the best crystals to get.
-You DON'T need two of the same artifacts.

Why we should enchant:
-Fully enchanted gear is equal to stats you gain from 120 levels.
-You can make coins, lamps, titles and stat bonus items via the enchanter.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Vanchi

Okay so in order to get a +1 you need:
2 Artifacts
2 Lucky crystals
2 of the same items
and 1 red, green or mana crystal

Then You go to the enchanting room you place arts on red and the 2 same items on the blue and then you go next to the circle and click the lucky crystal in your inventory and also the stat crystal,after that you just hit the circle and you get your +1

Now for +2 it is kinda difficult
You need 2 +1 items
Then you drop those items in the blue tiles and 2 arts on the red and you just need a lot of lucks, when I tried with 2 it didnt work but it worked with 20. I still haven't found about +3 tho. But Rotem was lying to us Soul Crystals aren't a requierment
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

Vanchi

March 08, 2015, 05:11:40 PM #2 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:13:21 PM by Vanchi
Also I just realised that Soul crystals can be used as second item!
Thats why rotem got a royale scarf enchanted with a scarf and the soul crystal.
You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.

matthewhagerman

So I feel like it should be stated more clearly that you have a chance to lose your items. also why not use 10 luck crystals  >:(
WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!!!!!

Skystone

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Dylan

Does anyone know how to make items such as coins or lamps via the enchanter? Or what coins do?

Traxicous

Comment on this, I was told for getting +2 and +3, you don't need 2 +1's and 2 +2's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, if not can someone edit it? P.S I believe it was a GM who told but idk.
-    In-game name: Brandon
                        Current:
                            Gryffindor
                            Level 750
                         Former:
                       Head Auror/Auror

Chaseio Blade

You definitely 100% need the two +1 or +2 there is no exception to this.

Current: Head TWC Radio DJ
Ex: GM/Admin Hybrid
Ex: DADA Professor
Ex: Head Auror
Ex: Off-Peak Professor
Ex: COMC Professor
Ex: GCOM Professor

Apeiro

I wanted to make this short guide for people to better understand stat bonus modifications when enchanting wearables.
After digging through the code a bit i was able to deduct a few things without actually knowing byond's programming language.

First off, red, green and magic crystals, when used in the correct spot, add a bit of code to the enchantment:
1 Red crystal adds +50 red
1 Green crystal adds +50 green
1 Magic crystal adds +50 red and green

What that means statwise: +50 red adds 10 to your damage stat and +50 green adds 30 to your defense stat(or 10 if you're thinking in terms of stat points that you spend). Now these additions to your stats are invisible, but the defense boost does add 60 to your max hp, which is visible (the damage boost is only visible when successfully using damage-based spells).

Now i haven't been able to find confirmation in the code for this, but there is a limitation set on how much you can inrease those stats with crystals. But the limitation seems to be set for the red and green parameters rather than the crystals themselves. Meaning you can use both a red and green crystal in the same enchantment to gain the same benefit as using a single magic crystal.

The limitations appear to be set by enchanted item's level.
+1 item - limit of 50 red and 50 green
+2 item - limit of 100 red and 100 green
+3 item - limit of 150 red and 150 green

This means, that if you've correctly enchanted a set of 4 items to +3, you'd gain a stat bonus equal to the amount of 240 levels.

There was also a bit in the code about soul crystals.
Each use adds +50 blue to the enchantment code.

While not needing a limit, overusing soul crystals is a waste. So here are the requirements per enchantment level for replacing items with soul crystals:

To make a +1 enchanted item +50 blue is required.
To make a +2 enchanted item +100 blue is required.
To make a +3 enchanted item +150 blue is required.

Happy enchanting! :)

Rotem

Moved from Auror forums, I do not commit that the game follows those rules or that anything in this is true, if there's a mistake in this that makes you lose items, blame the writer.

Skystone

This guide isn't reliable anymore just saying.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

I moved enchanting recipes out from hidden file, I suppose y'all are gonna be glad that you can peak and see all the cool shit you can do.

Go Up