How to get Money

Started by Stormy, April 23, 2011, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormy

I noticed many players (especially newbies) asking me or other players how they can earn money. The standard answer is: "You can earn money if you kill monsters or in events".

First of all, that's only partly right. You can get money through:

killing monsters
through events
selling items
finishing quests
other players (jobs, deals or something like that...)

Most players get it through killing monsters. So I have some advice for you: how YOU can earn gold quickly.

First of all: What do you need to kill monsters?

Generally a high level
A lot of HP
A lot of Damage
Having a broom is useful
High defense is good, as well, it decreases damage from monsters
Where can you kill monsters?

The usual thing is to go somewhere where a lot of monsters congregate. Places like:

The Dark Forrest
Hogsmeade Graveyard
Pixie Pit
Chamber of Secrets
Desert of Floating Eyes
And, of course, for the high levels:
Silverblood's Maze

Generally, It's not a good idea to go out killing monsters as a First Year. After reading this you CAN do it, but MY advice is, not to until you are at least level 40. It's much easier and faster then.

At level 20 you can kill rats and snakes in the dark forest or rats in tom's bar, and, if you are careful, demon rats in the "Chamber of Secrets".

At levels 100 through to 300 you can easily kill rats, snakes, dogs, wolves, acromantula, and pixies.

There are still some monsters left you don't want to meet in the night. I'm speaking of dementors, trolls, monsters from Silverblood, lava bats and fire golems, as well as floating eyes.

Around level 250 or so, Silverblood's Maze becomes a viable option. There you can find archangels, water elementals, fire elemental, and wyverns .

At level 300 you can easily earn money with all monsters, except dementors.

I haven't mentioned the basilisk yet. The basilisk is a special one. There's no player which she can't kill with one hit. You just need good tactics to kill her, though a broom is useful, too.

If I did something wrong or anything needs to be added, just tell me!

Lady Siren

I think this is a good guide for newbs. Thanks for thinking of it and posting, Stormy!

Brett Black

You said a broom is useful for killing the Basilisk. If I'm correct, the Chamber of Secrets is still a part of Hogwarts and you may not fly inside those walls. Not a good idea to give the new kids.

Stormy

It's a part of Hogwarts, but not a part of school and it's a kill zone.
Btw, thanks Siren for correcting my text a lil :)

MansonGirl

Also, when I was below level 100, or so, I went into Silverblood and killed off the Fire Golems and Fire bats...

Gohan got owned.

Brett Black

That means nothing Stormy. You aren't allowed to fly in the Chamber of Secrets. Just because it is a kill zone doesn't make it okay to fly.

zezi

as soon as you have a broom you can go into the silverblood and kill the fire golems/bats...
there are everytime some who just stand there and do nothing...
and the others cant kill you because youre flying.
so the experience taught me that silverblood is a very good place to get money. (at lower lvls)