Quick Question about Presence checks

Started by Amy, July 16, 2014, 07:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

So, the basic concept is simple -- yada yada yada, you here or not etc; if you are, read faster, if not read slower.

My question is this: when it says 'read slower' is that in relation to your current state of reading? Or the one that everyone starts with?

Example: I've answered 10 presence checks correctly. I miss the 11th one. I have 10 "read faster"s compared to the normal rate of like...idk 1 read per second. So now it's like 10 reads per second (i don't actually know the conversion..just go with me here).

So would I go to .5 reads per second or 9 reads per second?

2014 TWC Idol Winner
TWC DJ
Ex Quiddich player (Seeker)
Ex Auror (2011, Eze/Jules; 2013 Ian/Lewis, 2013-14 Nightflash, 2014 Leah/Christa)
Ex DP Editor
Ex Level 793
Active Winter 2010-Spring 2012
Revived Early Fall 2013
RIP Amy McCallahan

Rotem

there's basically only two rates, each presence check either changes your rate to be slower or faster or remains the same, there's no rate stacking.

It's either you read at normal speed, which we call faster or at slower speed which is 1/3 of normal speed, both for gold and exp.
You can answer 234234234th presence checks correctly and read faster but as soon as you fail one of them, you're set to 1/3 rate. (And during the entire time before that, you were simply at normal rate)

That said, to me it feels people get to level 600 way too easily, once we removed the fear of getting disconnected and the need to actually be there at the screen it made it possible for everyone to eventually become at highest level hence the rate which you read doesn't really matter, I mean, eventually you will be at the level cap and in a year time, will you really care if you capped 12 months ago or 11 months ago? It won't matter to you because you did get to level cap.