Potion that acts like drugs

Started by Skystone, August 20, 2016, 09:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystone

Just for the giggles (and possible economical benefits ;) )

I want to see wavey waves all over my screen and colors. Different colors. The trip should be nice and slow.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

name them, describe color effect in detail. Might get more impact if and when throwable potions become a thing but for now just make me a list I could go over quickly.

Skystone

All following potions will have the following effects if drank enough times:
                    1st drink: A message on say tells you, "You feel warm and nice inside."
                    2nd drink: Objects seem to wave a bit and you walk a bit slower (tick delay).
                    3rd drink: Everything seems darker and you can't see anything too far away.

Note: If a drink makes you have one of the features of a "2nd drink" on the first drink, the effects of the 2nd drink will be amplified.

For Ex. If you drink Green Goop Ale twice, you will have a "wavier" screen and you will walk extremely slowly.

Now for the drinks... I mean potions:

Butterbeer - does nothing but the following above. It's your safe beverage.
If you want to avoid the copyright then say it's Margarinebeer xD

Green Goop Ale - Upon drinking this concoction it will make objects wave and your screen will change different colors (red-blue) slowly. Your walking speed will be slowed as well.

Gillybeer - Upon drinking this beer the user will see objects wave a bit (not as much as the others however) and blue-greenish colors. Using this potion/drink will actually grant the ability to walk on water. Once a player is on water the wave animation will stop.

Bubbley Juice - When you walk you leave a trail of bubbles.

Spikey Limeade - Upon drinking this potion if anyone gets too close to you they receive damage.

Pumpkiney Juice - Everyone looks like they have a pumpkin on their head. Good for the fall seasons.

Slow-Mo - Everyone you see seems to have a tick delay. (Could include themselves if coding it works better)

Blackout Express - You black out instantly for a certain amount of time, seeing only yourself on the screen (when someone moves you, you will notice).

Hiccuping Harry - You can't stop saying, "Hic" in say. Objects also seem to sway.

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

Pumpkiney Juce, Spikey Limeade and Butterbeer aren't happening (I've had enough of the beer object or the tea object).

There's no history for potions, at best I can check what potion you're currently on so any 3rd drink message isn't being done and I won't be intensifying the effect.

While doing screen shake is possible, doing 'waves' is not and I'm not sure I desire implementing this effect.

Trail of bubbles is doable, please make a bubble particle effect for me to use.

Water walk potion sort of is already in next update so we'll be skipping on Gillybeer.

Update your list on this please.

Skystone

Current:
Ravenclaw Graduate
DJ

Former:
Head Auror
Dragon
MagDeluxe Reporter
Charms Professor
COMC Professor

Rotem

Quote from: Skystone on August 21, 2016, 08:57:42 PM
Slow-Mo - Everyone you see seems to have a tick delay. (Could include themselves if coding it works better)
Nevermind, you're trying to give me a stroke. I'll figure -a few- select effects by myself.